1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necro/Mage Questions

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Guest, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, I know there's a forum for Necros and I have posted there, but seems like hardly anyone reads that one, so hope you don't mind me asking for advice here.

Basically I'm attempting to make a Necro/Mage primarily for Champ Spawns/PvP, finished most skills and stat training, with room for adjustments of course, hehe. Here's what I have so far:

My char currently has:
    110 Mage
    110 Eval
    105 Necro(90 real, +15 from Mark & Bloodwood)
    110 Spirit(90 real, +20 as above)
    110 Resist
    100 Med

So that adds to 610 real points used, and as I have a 715 cap = 105 points for something else. Options seem to be Wrestling, Poison, Anatomy, Weapon skill or even Focus.
    I'm thinking wrestling prob best option, that would allow me to equip Ossian Spellbook and save another 10 points on Necro, or maybe the Tome for extra 15.

I haven't seriously played a Necro before, or done much PvP except with a dexer and I pretty much suck with him anyway lol, so it's a learning curve for me all the way and any/all advice from those that play PvP Necro/Mages would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  2. Go with the Wrestle.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Go with the Wrestle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any particular reason why? I initially thought Wrestling would be the best option, but not so sure now. There's no advantage re: special moves anymore, is there? Tactics being needed to use them and no way to fit that skill in.
    I can see it being easier to fit Anatomy in, and get the same defence with a few less points invested, given already have 110 Eval..and would eventually want that bumped to 120 anyway.
  4. Wrestle doesn't require tactics for specials. However the Poison is pretty good and use a mage weapon. You won't be able to disarm though..