1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necro question.....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by athlon, Jul 2, 2008.

1. athlon

athlon Guest

I have a warrior with Necro. When i am in melee confrontation and trying to cast a necro spell, i fizzle when hit(i have zero fast cast on warrior so casting is slow and a meelee hit or spell usually interupts my casting).

Now, i have zero magery, but is it possible i could cast the magery protection spell on myself through a scroll and/or jewels, then my necro spells would no longer fizzle when in melee combat and hit while casting?

2. Yes, Protection works that way for all spellcasting. Keep in mind that you will lose 35 Resist Spells with it though, along with the Physical resist hit of 15 if I remember right.

3. athlon

athlon Guest

If my warrior has zero resisting spells, i should be fine with the 35 resist spells deduction (i think in UO terms, zero resisting spells minus 35 still equals zero and not negative 35?!?!?)

4. Solikos

Solikos Guest

Unless you are a Human, then you actually have 20 hidden skill, which would then become 0. Regardless it won't make much difference, the real kicker is the physical resist drop.

5. Sadoul

Sadoul Guest

Can Faster Cast go negative? If you are at 0 FC and you cast protection, is your casting time affected at all?

6. No it stays at 0.

7. athlon

athlon Guest

*whew* good to know - i was thinking my FC may go to -2 and take three hours to cast a simple close wounds!