1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necro Skill Mashup

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Caelas, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Hi all, I'm building a character to be a necro samauri (yeah, I know, there's a lot of them...)

Anyway, with Jeremy saying the whole Sampire thing is going to get kicked in the nuts I'm a bit worried about doing the +necro items and then having that avenue nerfed. So I was thinking about building a true Necromancer with Bushido mixed in for attack boosting. Please keep in mind my account is only 7 months old...my skill cap is pretty low, and I'm pretty poor too. I was thinking:

100 Necro
    100 SS
    100 Swords
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Parry
    100 Bushido

Now the issue here is I don't have any reliable healing or magic resist. I plan on using this guy in PvM only...I don't plan to take on bosses by myself, but I do plan on joining in guild hunts, so being able to hold my own / enhance the group is a good thing. Any suggestions?
  2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    If you can get your hands on a soulstone fragment, or wait 5 months for a 1-year soulstone reward, you could train Necro up to 100, stick it on there then move it to your warrior when you want to cast Vampiric Embrace. Then just put it back on the soulstone (really you'd need 2 for this) and voĆ­la! You're a vampire and you can add healing or resist to your template :)
  3. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Magic resist is easy to do without in PvM, for healing you will have Spirit Speak and I would suggest adding potion chugging & orange petals and you should do ok. If possible see if you can add any HP regen armor pieces to your suit for the added help/

Being a warrior your probably going to spend time in either wraith form or at times the blue beast (which also has HP regen). Wither will work well with a group outing
  4. Caelas

Caelas Guest

So to get a decent suit I'd have to drop my LRC suit I have now, or get lucky and find equal LRC items with decent resists and HP Regen. That's one thing I don't like about this game...reagents. Ugh.