1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necro Spell Books

Discussion in 'UHall' started by [LGND], Dec 11, 2009.

1. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

So, I sat down with my scribe today to craft some necro books with mods. On my 9th book, I happened to get a repond slayer necro book. I was very excited, figuring I could wither a coon spawn even faster now. However, when tested, a necro spell book only adds spell damage increase to magery spells. My fireballs got a boost towards repond, but none of my necro spells.

Any logic behind this?
  2. o Kraken o

o Kraken o Guest

I am not sure about the logic behind it, but as far as I know the "Ossian Grimoire" is the only necro spell book with mods, which will actually work.

The Ossian Grimoire
  3. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

Necro books can be crafted mods...
  4. o Kraken o

o Kraken o Guest

Yes they can, but as far as I know the mods on necromancer spellbooks have never affected necromantic spells. Mods on all kinds of spellbooks only affect magery spells, as far as I know.

The only spellbook with mods, which I know will affect necromantic spells is the Ossian Grimoire.
  5. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

Spell Damage increase works with any mage, necro or whatever else. Slayers are the only thing that don't seem to work. I was wondering if this was intended or not. Im assuming its a bit of a bug, otherwise there would have been no point in giving necro books mods.
  6. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 15, 2005
    Its only way to get necro and ss skill point boost mods on spellbook.
  7. Rit0690

Rit0690 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 16, 2008
    You can also Mod Mysticism books also if u have Mysticism. You do have to have the skill to get the mods tho.