1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[necro-tamer] - champ too

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by krilov, Dec 5, 2011.

1. krilov

krilov Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to have some suggestions about a good necro-tamer template and its best use (i mean what/where to kill as well as a general playing style).
    ANd moreover, if he could be used for doing barracorn champ or doom too.

He should be a nice cash farmer tnx to animate deads.
    i mean, a gd supported by few skele dragons, should be simply pure pwnage.
    Thinking of going around with a gd u dont feel the handicap of going on foot for using the necro-forms.I mean..u'll be on foot regardless of being necro or not.
    So..(at champ or wherever i'm surrounded by more enemies) i suppose i should spam wither under wraith form without having mana probs at all.
    That sounds nice.

About healing me and my pets..i would say chiva is out of question..since it's karma-based. right? So, well...we got place for magery,vet,pots.

What about something like:

necro 80 (+20 midn.brac.)
    ss 100
    Taming 115
    Lore 105
    Magery 120

--520--
    I got 200 free points- where to use them?

Meditation? 120
    It's always good to have mana..even if summoning 3 deads, saves me from doing spell-dmg and so mana.
    Moreover being in wraith form, i should recover mana decently even without medit..but i need to do dmg in some way.

EvaInt? 120?
    Sounds logical; ...corspe skin + flame spells + slayer books. Moreover i like the idea of blessing my GD.

ResSpell 120? (thinking of champ/doom)?
    I do not like to be paralyzed by a mob and even less during a raid.
    Without talking about all necro-mobs around like skele-dragons, lich..etc-

Spellweav 120?
    wod+ dot healing+aoe spell...sounds cool...

Let me say i can reach an extra 40-50 skill points by jewels & other items.

2. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

vet should be a no brainer.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You would think so, but you would probably be suprised how many folks run a tamer with no vet. Letting stable hands rez any pet was a stupid move imo.

The necro/tamer I used at one point had:

120 Necro
    120 SS
    110 Vet
    110 Tame
    110 Lore
    120 Med
    100 Mage
    Rest went on Eval.

Very item dependent tho. Jewls and on heck of a scrappers, and anything else you can find to get skill points from. He did well as spawns, only down side was slow champ killing imo. Worked great at actually advancing the spawn tho.

4. krilov

krilov Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

On my main tamer i got vet and i've to say it's a must.
    Btw, i was thinking of using vet points somewheresle...focusing on doing fast fights (so that i wouldn't have to heal my pet/pets costantly), for farming cash like a machine...(thinking of some noob spots in tokuno..like bake-oni-efret-hiryu)

i do not agree with 120 necro.
    casting a revenant sounds cool but since it requires 3 slots i think i'll do it 1/1000 times..basicly never.

105 necro for being able to cast strangle 100% sounds ok..but again...i think 100 necro is more than enough and i can use better 5 points in other skills.
    MOreover i was thinking of using necro mainly just for animating deads.

Right now i was thinking of something crazier too: what about 80 poisoning?
    with (120 magery+80 poisoning )/2 i'm still able to cast deadly poison lvl.
    Using evil omen, that increases the poison lvl casted by1 (till 5lvl poison) i can do lethal poison. Isn't cool?! LOL and i've got a fking funny/cool nick too in this case: chuckNox (thinking of the immortal chuck norris ofc) XD

necro 80 + 20mid. brac
    ss 120
    taming 110
    lore 110
    magery 120
    poisoning 80

100vet/eva int/res spell?
    Then, as said before i can reach around 40+ extra points through jewels/items to spend somewhere else...dunno like medit?
    Thinking of lich form/wraith form i should be still fine with mana.

Just some random thoughts ....suggestion welcome as always...

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Those thoughts sound good.

On the 120 necro tho... I noticed a good bump in Wither and Poision Strikes damage at 120 versus 100. Also a pretty big difference on the length of time the Skelle Drags last. For me the added damage and added duration more than made up for the 20 skill points. But, everyone is different. Should be good to go either way.

6. krilov

krilov Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

at the end i'm trying this way:

taming 110
    lore 110
    vet 80
    necro 80 -->100
    ss 100 -->120
    sw 120
    Magery 120

--real values--
    PG human-female.
    Tnx to various items there are about 50 extra points..i'm going to use 40 of them on meditation and 10 on ss reaching 120.
    I haven't tested it yet but tnx joat i should be able to use chiva for curing lethal poison and mainly cleaning the curses both on me and my pets without failing too much.
    If i wont be able to cast them decently i'll go elf for sure and probably smoke the extra 40 points on chiva.

Both with lich form and wraith form i shouldn't have much mana prob..
    SW gives so much advantage both in terms of dmg output and of usefull skills that i wanted it badly.

i've thought a lot too about going around with just something like 75-80 necro and 60 ss ( that would mean a 55 necro and 40 ss real value), Thinking of not using at all wither/strangle and the strongest evocated deads.
    Essence of wind is slower than wither but has a bigger radius....so well good enough...
    And that would give me the chance of going around with 120 res spell.. ..doh...
    At the end..since i wanted a dps machine...i didn't do that..We will see how it goes.

7. longshanks

longshanks Guest

for your suit i would try to build as much sdi into it as you can. theres quite a few items out now that have it as a mod and try to work it into your jewels as well. good luck.

8. krilov

krilov Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

race-change's incoming
    XD
    Too many failures before it cures. In the while you are dead or the curse went off.
    Thinking again of it...i smoke the extra points all on medit ;)

9. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

for one..
    120 necro and 120 ss are a must.
    those are the power of your animates as well as the power of withers.

what i did was drop vet down to 50, and use a 15 ring and brace and the totem that i dont always wear to bring up to 85 so i can res.

this leaves you more room.
    120 necro
    120 ss
    110 tame
    110 lore
    50 vet

100 magery doesnt have to be high, just enough to cast invis 100%
    110 eval needs to be high as this is the power of your gheals and fireballs. (EO+CS+Slayer you should hit for over 100 dmg per fireball)

like you said, you will be in wraith form and you dont need med.. about 10 mr should do the trick.

10. krilov

krilov Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

as far as i know greater heal power is only influenced by magery skill and not at all by eva int.
    vet 50 i thought about it too...
    about the necro/ss part i might agree too there but i start testing the template with a 100/100...then i'm going to play around with few skills rising them down or lowering according to "experience"/needs i see.

eva int seemed the most common choice too...but i wanted badly spellweav...

11. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you add spellweaving alongside necro and magery, you'd *really* want meditation too. Otherwise mana is going to be a huge problem if you get into heavy casting.

Wenchy

12. bmwtech

bmwtech Visitor

I am thinking of trying 100 magery med necro ss vet and 110 taming lore
    Then use jewelry to get up to 120 vet taming and lore wuth the possible of adding enough on the jewely to get necro and ss to 120
    Any thought on this or is it possible presently running a peacer tamer