1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necro Tamer Need defense suggestions

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by erreth, Aug 17, 2010.

1. erreth

erreth Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

What works best for a Necro Tamer, I wanna do spawns using a Greater and using wither.

1. Is a -0 Mage weapon and DCI prefered or Is going for Wrestling and using a spellbook a better idea?

2.If I go for wrestling does my DCI get used still?

I currently have 100 Magery and 100 Eval so I can have some offense magery spells in addition to my necromancy. Should I ditch the eval for 100 wrestling and get the bonus of slayer spell books and shield stats? Not sure how much the eval will help anyway.

Really not sure of what will let me wither through the spawn easier. Anyone familar with this?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

My necro/tamer looks like this:

120 Magery
    120 Spirit Speak
    110 Taming
    115 Lore
    105 Necro
    95 Vet
    100 Med

His primary purpose is spawning and mini-champing, but I find him pretty versatile. He's one of my favorites to play. For defense, I use a -20 mage weapon and a +15 ring (115 effective weapon skill).

That's one option, anyway. Wrestle would work fine, too, I'm sure. Remember to put 45+ dci on your suit, either way.

3. The Sword of Prosperity is a -0 Mage weapon, but is also a two-handed weapon. You can't drink potions while this is in your hands. Like Syrus says, a one-handed -20 mage weapon with +15/20 magery skill jewelry and 45 DCI on your suit is probably better if you want to use potions.

Adding wrestling to a Necro Tamer is one more skill. Can you spare the 100-120 skill points? I'd rather go with the mage weapon.

4. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Taming on a necro for champing almost seems a waste. I saw a pretty effective necro bard; peace the snot out of everything and kill at your leisure

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I dunno. I think a cu is a better tank than summons. If you're talking about soloing champs or mini-champs quickly, I like necro/mage/tamer over straight necro/mage.