1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necro Warrior vs Sampire

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by GreekHero, Nov 19, 2010.

1. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

This guy will be used as a tank to solo spawn bosses and I am modifying an old warrior for the task. Would this template be effective?

120 Swords
    120 Tactics
    120 Parry
    100 Resist
    100 Necro
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing

The only skill I think I might miss is chiv. I have seen straight sampires spawning and I am not impressed. I do not like the lack of resist and healing. Anyone tried something similar?
  2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    People use bushido and chiv because they can increase total damage output. Perfection can add up to 100% and EOO can add 50%. CW can maximize your damage against your opponent's weakest resist.

You can be effective against monsters that you have a specific slayer for such as a Spider Slayer for Navrey. You will be far less effective than a sampire, however, for monsters where you don't have a slayer weapon equipped. And for monsters with only a superslayer vulnerability, you will be marginally effective.

Remember, your primary healing method (even with healing skill) is life leech. You need big hits to make that effective. I think you'll be missing max effectivess without bushido and chivalry.

P.S. I spawn with my sampire (particularly for arachnid spawns) and don't have any trouble. You have to practice a technique to pull just the right number of level 3 and 4 spawn monsters to keep the spawn going and not get over your head.
  3. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 5, 2009
    I have to agree with Obsidian completely on this one.

Without Chiv for healing, EoO, Consecrate, and Divine(sometimes) you are missing out on a LOT of damage potential. Bushido for the 45 HCI Lightening strikes and critical hits, confidence heals, and the 100 DI from perfection (as well as the 1k luck, depending on whether or not its broken). I'm just not sure that 4 second bandage heals and pots will be enough to keep you alive against the big bosses. Just my thoughts..

I would never attempt to steer someone away from doing something that they feel would be fun for them. Give it a try, it just might be the perfect template for your play style.
  4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    basically, this is a very specific temp. If this is to be viable, the one thing i would suggest is that Every weapon you have be elemental fire or poison or a combo of both. Without that it will fail.

I have a similar template, but have 120 ss so rely on it for healing (along with pots) as well as actual necro spell damage.
  5. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 14, 2006
    120 swords/bushido/resist
    100 parry/tactics/necro
    60 chiv
    as a vampire and never found any real troubles. Especially if you use the character for spawns.
  6. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 18, 2008
    I have for parry spirit speak in my necro warrior.
    Another way.

120 Macing
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    100 Resie
    110 Necromancy
    100 Spirit Speak
  7. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 26, 2006
    What about chivallery, dont u think its necessarely, i would drop healing and anatomy in ur place.... so what do u say?
  8. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jul 13, 2005
    Only chivalry spell I use in a spawn would be Cons. Weapon in a spawn, & maybe Cleanse by Fire. EoO is the primary reason ppl use Chivalry. However, its more of hindrance in a spawn.