1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necro/Weaver/Mystic

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by calibek, Mar 8, 2010.

1. calibek

calibek Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

need some opinions here on how I would go about doing this template. I was thinking something like this:

Race: Elf

Stats:
    100 Str
    110 Int
    20 Dex

My suit has the following mods on it (It is a mix of Arties and imbued/runic crafted Items):

100% LRC
    40% LMC
    3/6 FC/FCR
    50% SDI
    15% DCI
    13 MR
    +30 Int
    Varying 50's in the resists with 52 being the lowest and 66 Fire being the highest

The suit and everything is set in stone since i already imbued it and everything. My major problem is my template. I'm not sure what I should do. I mean there is the tried and true mage/necro/weaver temp for high damage but it is done to death (no pun intended). Instead I was thinking of doing a necro/weaver/mystic combo like this:

Skills:
    120 Spirit Speak
    120 Necro
    120 Meditation
    120 Spellweaving
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus

Like all templates there are pros and cons associated with it.

Pros:

- Less spell management since there are less spells associated
    - Can remove curses, disease, and heal with Healing Wind
    - Ability to remove bleeds and other such hindering abilities via stone form
    - Healing Stone and Spell Trigger for quick heals and quick spell use
    - Spell Plague (LOVE this spell)
    - Mass Sleep to allow the slowing of creatures and a quicker escape if things go wrong
    - Purge Magic for PvP
    - Nether Cyclone and hail storm for more AoE damage
    - Rising Colossus (THAT should be explanation enough)
    - Meditation AND Focus for Max Mana regen allowed by skills (plus Stamina Regen) which would compliment the +13 MR I have on my suit

Cons:

- Less Spell Choices
    - I think only 1 spell that would deal fire damage (wildfire)
    - No Invisibility, recall, mark, or gate spells (would need to use wraith form to recall 100%)
    - No Resurrection after death for other people
    - No Dispel ability
    - No Greater Healing

Well that's all I can think of. A lot to consider here. Most of what I'm missing from magery is the fire spells, Everything else is utility that I could pick up. I could drop some skills in certain areas and pick up magery for the utility but would lose power in other areas. So what are your opinions here?

2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Well not my cup of tea, as it has no defense, would need magery and mage weap(or wrestle) for me.also dont like not having the ability to rez other players

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I see Necromancy, Spellweaving and Mysticism more like an enhancement of Magery. Leaving out Magery would be leaving out the most powerful part of a spellcaster.

To my opinion, the best way to go is to combine Magery with either one of those three skills, depending on what your character wants to do.

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

It'll depend on how the Mysticism update that's supposed to be released this month turns out.

5. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not that you have the skill points; but if you run Wraith a lot; you could always dip med down and get chiv. 3/6 (Possible bump it to 4/6) chiv heals are epic, plus it takes care of your "ressing" teammates problem. Plus holy lights on the run are always interesting. Kind of conflicts with Necro's karma drop though.

As someone said though; magery is "almost" irreplacable. Without it; most templates just seem kinda "meh".

6. ReaperNI

ReaperNI Guest

i believe the lowest castin cap applies when gm or better so if you has jewels for 4/6 casting but 100 magery youll only do 2/6.TYR

7. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

its 70 magery and the casting goes from 4/6 to 2/6 i believe

8. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i was considering doing a similar template but i would have dropped meditation completely for magery and relied completely upon mana leech from wraith

so it would have been something like
    magery 120
    weaving 120
    focus 100 real/ 120 item
    mystic 120
    necro 120
    spirit speak 120
    20 med
    and then i woulda worn a crystal ring for 120 focus
    and got around 40 med from spell pants and ring

only reason why i have yet to do it yet though is cause i dont have a free character to dump my imbue onto...yet..and my account isnt old enough for 720 points

9. calibek

calibek Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was thinking something like this along the same lines but mixing it up a little. I was thinking about dropping med completely and adding magery but doing a spread more like this.

110 Magery
    100 Eval Int
    100 Necromancy (105 with bloodwood spirit)
    110 Spirit Speak (110 with bloodwood spirit)
    100 Spellweaving
    100 Focus
    110 Mysticism

This template would give me all the magics at the cost of mana regen. Currently I have 13 MR on my suit plus an extra 5 from Focus. I plan on being in wraith form when attacking for more mana gain. The problem is this is a VERY packed template and the spell management is going to be enourmous. The upside to this however is having a huge selection of spells at my disposale. So what do you guys think?

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Can't comment of the mana supply.
    Your Spirit Speak should be lowered to 100
    100 Spellweaving will give you very unreliable WoD. I'd go for 110 minimum.
    110 Mysticism seems like it'd fizzle on RC too much, as with Magery for EVs.

... and that build is screaming for a Faction Crystalline ring.

11. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mysticism has the same casting penalty as Magery, otherwise Chiv would fit really well with mysticism.