1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necro?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hera - Siege, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is necro still viable in PvP or has the whole Apples thing just killed it?

Is there a delay on eating apples?

Just wondering, really enjoy the necro template, just a shame there's no such thing as a necro-weapon yet. :)

2. Goron

Goron Guest

apple delay is now 30 seconds... i beliebve.
    or even believe.

3. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I am training a necro

4. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

15 Seconds. Tells you when you try to eat another one...

And imo, Necro is still viable, especially with more then one.

5. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Necro can be very, very nasty. Especially when coupled with ninja. Necro mages suck.

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

suck as in good or suck as in bad?

7. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

IMO, 15 seconds is wayyyyy too long, it should be the same as potions..

8. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Apples at 15 seconds are already overpowered..... it can nullify 200 pts instantly. And necro mages suck as in are bad.

9. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I hate fighting Necro's

10. Goron

Goron Guest

cure potions have no timer and nullify poison instantly... At least necro has spells that are not affected by apples... everything involving poison is affected by cure. Yet, I don't see many people saying cures need to be nerfed.

11. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Necro also doesn't take away the ability to actively heal though, poison does.

12. Goron

Goron Guest

This is true.

But due to the unlimited (except by number of pots) virtually instant (unless 2h weap) ability to drink cure pots, its 'no heal' effect rarely makes a difference against a decent player (and virtually NO difference against a player running autocure).

Don't get me wrong- I am NOT suggesting a delay on cure pots. I am simply trying to relate them to apples. At the same time, I am NOT advocating more/less delay on apples... I just kinda wanted to see why people have issues with apples but not cure potions.

13. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What do you mean bye a player running auto cure? I hope u don't mean a program etc. because a smart pvper would never run something that auto cures... If I for one minute thought another players was running that I would just spam poison on him and run him out of cures in not time.....

And if the poisoner has any sense they will be running 100 poison... I have had to use up to 5 cure potions before to cure a lethal now this is random... sometimes it takes 1,2, 3, 4, 5 But a smart poisoner can run a guy out of cures in not time... 1 poison potion is what 12 charges on a weapon... I noramally ran about 30 deadlys when I played my poisoner.

14. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Kage posted what I was about to before I could. Lethal poison can run out cures VERY quickly, and also cannot be used with a 2H weapon, unlike apples. Why do you think archers get torn apart by DP/ninjas so easily?

15. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I kissed a ninja and I liked it.

16. Goron

Goron Guest

When i ran 100 poison on Strangelove people cured my poison with one potion nearly every time.

When I get hit by a 100 poisoner I cure with one potion almost every time...

Am I missing something?

with 100 poison don't u have 100% to bump it to lethal?

17. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'll trade the ability to eat an apple two handed for a shorter timer anyday.

18. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I fail to see how it nullifys 200 points, it only lowers one overpowered spell. Necro's still have a ton of others.

You wanna talk about nullifying skills? How about disarm on a fighter, how many does that nullify? What about evil omen/paralyze/e'field? That nullifys 720 skills. What about cures nullifying the poison skill (yeah, I know, you argue that lethal poisons will not always be cured, but what about nox mages?).

Why should necro's be the only one that never have to worry about having something being nullified?

P.S. I know you don't play a necro Speedy, just throwing this out there, not directed at you..

19. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Aplles currently Remove... Curse, Strangle, Blood Oath, Corpse Skin, and even Mortal Strike if I am not mistaken... A cure potion does one thing... cures a poison...

Effects 3 necro spells right there which cost tons of mana... most will allow you to strangle, then corpse skins then wait and eat the apple...

So a necro mage then looses 4 spells Curse, Strangle, Corpse, Oath,

20. Goron

Goron Guest

Yeah but the point is necro has the ability to cast these multiple spells and more.

Poisoning... well... poisons. Thats it.

Cure potion negates the one single thing poison skill has going for it. Thats my primary point.

Necro still has spells that are completely unaffected by apples- and with the (short) 15 second delay that is still enough time for a full necro dump. When i die my health (and status) usually goes from full to zero in less than 15 seconds. In fact, it usually happens in less than 7 seconds- if it took any longer my bandaid would take effect and put me back in business.

21. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, thats a good point. I'm probably eating the apple too quick then. I get the strangle off me but they just put it right back on. I should wait for the rest of the combo and then eat the apple - and pray they dont have enough mana to recast the combo.

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Same problem I usually have against Necro's. I get killed by that template more than any other template in the game - including tamers.

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just do not really agree with that you make it sound like if you have poison its worthless...

I think say'lei would disagree and tell you poison works fine

Now sure if you are running fencing and poison with nothing else no u will never kill anyone...

It is the combination of skills if u run strait necro u are not going to do anything thats why u have to run necro/dexer/mage/steath ninja etc.

No one pure skill is going to kill someone this I am sure you know not trying to make it sound like you don't know the game or anything but with the correct template poison is fine...

Shy'lei is a good example of that
    Hugi is a good example
    I ran a nasty one when I ran Brea then name changed to Justen Credible...

24. Goron

Goron Guest

I didn't really intend to come off that way... I more so just wanted to say I think if any skill, poisoning suffers from cure pots more than necro suffers from apples.

And you do bring up many good points, but for a newb like myself I still have a lot of trouble vs necro even with 15s apple timer... Poison is less trouble for me (unless I run 2h). I took poison off Strangelove because it seemed ineffective. Maybe I'll put it back on and try it again for fun.
    I've never fought Shay, so I can't comment, but I have fought Hugi and my cure pots seem to cure me first try nearly every time. I honestly didn't think he actually ran poisoning.

25. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

This is how to deal with a necro mage:

They strangle, corpse, drop explosion, go to cast fs, you eat an apple, chug a GH, you're back to about 70% life and their mana pool is diminished big time.

A necro dexer same principle, let him debuff you, and drop an AI or nerve strike etc, eat apple chug GH bam, he's at 30% mana you're at 70 health and bandage going

26. Goron

Goron Guest

I guess I must eat my apple too soon or something... cuz I feel like I just get dubuffed again immediately after munching on the apple. Or maybe I eat them too late?

I guess I just need to practice it more.
    Heck, I was the guy that thought apples had a 30 second timer at the start of this thread... that prolly didn't help me in the field

27. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Potion Drinking Skill...

GM REQUIRED to be able to cure DP. You wanna negate 100 of my skill points, fine, itll just cost you 100 of your skill points to do it.

Also required in the 80s to use heal pots reliably, just like healing. Infact I dont want to hear any whiners seeing as how healing requires Healing and Anat to be effective. Pot drinking skill has multiple applications and does not require a secondary support skill. If people still want all the overbalanced advantages of drinking Pots, great, just make em pay for it with 100 skill points.

Problem Solved.

28. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Poison is far too hard to heal without pots. Cure fails far too much, and arch cure is too damned slow. I'd be all for a potion skill, if they gave cure a better chance to cure LP

29. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well one thing to watch for when strangled keep in mind at the beginning of the strangle it's going to tick slow... so usually the caster is going to either corpse you then go for his dump so durning that dump is when you eat the apple...

Now if you are fighting a mage/necro If he is in fact dumping his combo on you he has probably cursed, strangled, and corpsed you...

So say you see explosion... then you see flame strike or another spell doring that time eat the apple u just removed cursed, strangled, and corpse so your resist hop back up from 60 to 70 his dump is pretty much weak then he is out of mana and you are now on the offense...

Also if you don't eat the apple to get rid of the strangle just keep you stam full with TR potions that is where the damage comes from. when its starts ticking fast and you are at half stam you are getting hit from 8-12 points of damage and fast...

Another thing I hate about playing a necro is Revenat... I can not stand it that a red and a blue that is flagged on u can run into the guard zone and have it wacked instantly...

30. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Dumbest post I have ever seen...

31. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Ya what the hell, I invest 120 bushido, 120 weapon, 120 tactics, and 120 anatomy. Hit someone for 35 points of damage and they have the nerve to drink a heal pot, giving them back about 25-30 points of the damage I did. Than I hit them again for another 35 and they have the nerve to run around like an idiot for 8 more seconds till they can drink another one.

Personally I think you people are just complainin to complain. Is necro viable, hell yes. My guildmate Bo Bo kills groups of people solo, and if givin the oppurtunity to fight someone solo they most likely die in seconds. Like the smart pvps have said earlier it is all in the meshin of different skills to work together, to become lethal.

32. Goron

Goron Guest

I get caught up in the moment and neglect to take care of my stamina a lot... Now that you bring that up, thats probably the number one thing I can do to increase my chances of survival against necro- properly maintain my stam...

33. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well another thing that will hurt u from a necro is if you are not running magic resist then pain spike will hit you for around 30 points of damage which is insane.

Trying running resist and see what you get hit for compared to not running it.

34. Goron

Goron Guest

Heh, I used to run resist, but when 90% of people moved to stealth dexxers I picked up parry instead. I'll stick with parry for now:p

If/when necro (or spells in general) start to become more of an issue to me than nerve strike death strike, I'll go back to resist:)

35. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You know Kage, this is one of the reasons I have always respected you. Some people would just make a comment like..

"Learn how to play your template dumb..."

You actually take the time to explain what is going on and try to help people out. Thanks, you already helped me a ton with this.

36. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No problem glad I could be of help. Thank you for the kind words. *Bows*

37. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Conflag or Invisibility?

38. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

wow and to think I was going to get in on this topic.. I feel dumber for having read it. lol goodluck with tihis one guys seems liek a waste of time. :scholar:

39. KVJ

KVJ Guest

Or you can just cast a Vengeful Spirit like Hef does and start spamming you with Pain Spike so you can't dispel it, and then wait for Krystal and the 20 man gank squad to finish you off. :loser:

40. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You'll get your wish soon if you join factions, bandies with curse removal!