1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necromancy and Spellweaving Questions

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by DreadLord Lestat, Jul 16, 2012.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Feb 26, 2004
    1. Is spellweaving worth it if you can not get enough for an arcane circle?

2. Is there a secondary skill needed for spellweaving I.E. eval for magery?

3. Is it worth it to go above GM for Necromancy and Spirit Speak?

Thinking of putting these on a bard but have never used a weaver and my necro/mage only has gm necro and ss so I want to make sure it is worth the time to gain over 100.

2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    Spirit Speak is to most Necro spells as Eval Int is to Magery as Focus is to Mysticism so going 120 Spirit Speak is usually a must, 100 necro is doable though.

There is no secondary spell for Spellweaving, its spells rely on arcane focus usually.

Getting a lvl 4 focus will get you 4 pixies with one cast (then your 5th control slot is usually a mount so that is enough). It is usually better to get as much of a focus as possible. If you can't even get a lvl 4 focus I don't know that I'd recommend Spellweaving. However if you don't have a lot of Spellweavers around invest in a soulstone (if you don't already have one) then just beg any character without spellweaving to the circle. Soulstone off Spellweaving and then get 4 people to join you and you can get your lvl 6 focus. That lvl 6 focus is the same as if a 120 cast it except the duration is shorter. When you soulstone Spellweaving back on all of your spells will be just as effective.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    I think 100 necro is sufficient. The 120 SS is worth it for the wither damage increase and mana leech increase in wraith form.