1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necromancy gains broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I've been at 103.9 for the last 3 or 4 hours of gametime, casting a combination of wither and vampiric embrace (ZOMG lulz I can cast it without exploiting!) and not a single gain. Did necro's gain rate get changed to that of taming? RNG just terrible? Do I just fail at UO?

2. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

necro gets real slow around the point where you are.

The best way I know to gain it is to soulstone necro over to a char that has med/focus, go in lich form with wisp out and spam spells like a madman. It usually takes quite a while to max it out, but there really isn't a lot of reason to take necro over 105, so your journey is almost over.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I'm only going 105, have 115 med, 25 focus, shadow wisp, and lich form, I was spamming wither for about 2 hours before I started trying vampiric embrace.

4. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I know this is really basic, but make sure you have skill points available for necro to gain.

I'm assuming you probably already checked this, though.

5. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

Try doing it as a daily gain you should gain .1 a day at that rate i know its lousy to just gain ,1 a day but it adds up and youll get there with time with a lot less stress.

6. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

Agreed , even after all these years of playing I still do that crap sometimes. This is always the 1st thing I tell people to check when they seem to freeze in gains.

7. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

im at 113.3 with mine, so its not really broken, try casting VE and revenants. Mix those 2 up and you'll fly

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

At 709/715, and have inscription set to lower.