1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a couple template ideas

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sprago, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Mar 5, 2006
    what are some of the better archer templates
    thinking of giving archery a try
    also have swords so ideas for both appretiated
  2. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Dont do it, as tempting as it has been for me I have still yet to train 0.1 skills in archery cuz its overpowered and EVERYONE and their grandmother has the skill. For that reason I refuse to use it because of the popularity of the skill and the freakin ridiculous mods on these bows that I've seen.
  3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    Well, I have a few templates I run. Just ideas to consider.

My favorite PvM template is ABC archer/weaver:

120 archery
    110 weaving
    90 tactics
    90 healing
    90 anatomy
    90 bush
    75 chiv
    50 med

My archer/tamer template:

120 archery
    120 tactics
    115 lore
    110 taming
    110 vet
    80 chiv
    60 med

Personally, I hate mage/archer templates. To get a good SC bow, you'll probably have to give up your first child...if you're lucky. Nevertheless, people seem to like the template for EVs and invis:

120 Archery
    110 Tactics
    110 Anatomy
    100 Magic Resist
    100 Magery
    100 Meditation
    80 Chivalry

For PvP, I've used med/pot archer (requires balanced bow):

120 Archery
    115 Magic Resist
    110 Tactics
    110 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    80 Meditation
    75 Chivalry

Another popular template for both PvP and PvM is the ABC archer (archery, bushido, chivalry), but I'm afraid I've never tried the built.

Hope this helps.
  4. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    If I remember correctly your just back on Siege, I have been playing an archer for here over a year and I am surprised at the lack of good bows here and have not seen one I would call ridiculous. On prodo with tons of duped kits everyone and their brother has an insane bow however Siege has no xshard so no dupe problem hence the lack of super bows.

Also you should note that with the faction items (CC 10 dex) and the new balms (10 dex) the only thing a mage need is a 50 pots ring and they have 80 dex and use parry which with a littlle dci make an archer pretty much usless.

No idea of the exact formula but you have a better chance to parry against archery then other melee skills.
  5. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I hear what ya saying and i am in no position right now to contest what you're saying. All I know is there is a reason 70% of the shard have the archery skill.
  6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I have to agree completly, I have played an archer with the Red Elmer for the majority of the time...and I always had to supliment it with necro which is my favorite btw...I only ran my template because I have a "Ridiculous" Repeater for the likes of SP...someone with parry and DCI, I counted once, I hit em once outta fourteen times once...If I didnt have necro, there is no way....lol