1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need a lil technical help...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Sometimes while I'm playing UO the game will just freeze for like 10 seconds at a time and then it will resume to doing whatever it was I was doing. I have ran a ping check and I ping 33 avg. with 0 packet loss according to cmd, ping siege.owo.com. I would really hate to be in the middle of a fight when it pulls this crap. Does anyone know anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future? Thank you in advance.

P.s...also what is with the message I get saying I have tried to place a house too many times recently, please try again later? Wtf is that about? Why does it matter how many times I've tried to place a house? *scratches head*

2. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

One of those anti-scripting things for people waiting for castles to drop, to place their own.

3. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

That makes sense, thnx. Can you tell me why I freeze during gameplay? Have you had this problem before?

4. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

are you playing KR client? i had this same problem when i was trying to learn how to play on the KR client... needless to say i soon ended up back on the 2d client because of this and never did find a reason why the KR client did this to me...

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you may want to see what is in your task manager running with high memory or high cpu usage.
    it could be things like apples quicktime update, anti virus scans, adobe acrobat update, etc

you should regurlarly check this registry spot for unwanted programs loading.
    hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run/

Lorddog

6. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

This.

It could also just be a virus itself.

If you haven't reformatted in a long time that's a good idea anyhow.