1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a little help deciding Parry/alchemy

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Hendric, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Hendric

Hendric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 7, 2009
    Ok, I'm making a pretty basic Siege warrior for PVP/PVM (probably in groups mostly) and I have one problem:

Is it more feasible to go with 120 parrying or 100 alchemy. Let me breakdown my template:

120 Fencing
    110 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Resist
    90 Healing
    80 Poisoning

Then either 120 Parry or 100 Alchemy. Now, I know that that much parry will give me a 35% chance to block an attack but the alchemy would make me more versatile and give me more buffs, etc. as well as letting me make my own poison. I have no soul stones, so those are not an option.

I'm trying to be more of a middle of the road warrior who can do both PVP and PVM (like I said, PVM mostly in groups unless I'm hunting solo). Any advice would be much appreciated by this returning player!
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Parry, on siege, you're not going to have a nice supply of DCI items to negate the need for parry. Try to slap Chivalry on there somewhere too, without it, you wont be doing much PvM damage. Not to forget remove curse and dispel evil for any necros that cast revenant on you.

Edit: or were you trying to make a pot thrower build?
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I have this template and stoned alchemy off to put on parry ...I found that I really didnt use it that much its nice to be able to make poisons and such on the fly and the bonus for duration is cool but you will die alot less with parry than you will alchemy
  4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008