1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need a little help with a ninja archer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by packrat, May 22, 2008.

1. packrat

packrat Guest

I have never played a character without healing or magery. So im confused with spirit speak and anatomy. I had this ninja sitting around for a couple of years and havent used him in a while. I want to start killing a few scripters and want to get his skills up.
    This is his template for now... If you can give some help on the template I would appreciate it. Im :wall: right now lol

100 archer- I ate a 115 scroll
    76 Ninja- 103.2 with jewels
    100 hiding
    80.8 stealth
    100 meditation- I am willing to drop/soulstone this
    93.8 spirit speak- working on getting it to 100 but its going slow.
    90.2 anat- I dont even know if I need this
    52-tactics-working on getting it up.

Thanks guys and gals

And which spell is good to use with a bow? I know about animal form, just not sure about the rest of them.

2. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

I'm assuming pvp archer?

I have a necro, stealth, ninja, chiv archer that I have some fun playing. My template is similiar to yours except instead of med and anatomy I have necro and chiv.

The down side is having no form of healing other than SS, so I would suggest you learn to love GH pots. If you can find a good balanced bow, you're golden.

As for commonly used ninja spells...

Use mirror image when people are attacking you.
    Use death strike once your ninja is high enough.

3. I'm currently working mine going for this-

Archery 100 (120 scrolled using hunters)
    Hiding 100
    Ninjitsu 100
    Poison 100
    Tactics 100
    Chivalry 80
    Stealth 80 (using shadow dancer legs)
    Stealing 60 (using shadow dancer legs)

Heavily relying on chiv for healing, and pots if i have too, also using smokebombs when needed. And using composite elvenbow to shoot poisoned arrows.

4. packrat

packrat Guest

About healing. I did a test and found that cat form can heal almost as fast as bandages. I went toe to toe with mares and a few other bad creatures and did fairly well. The only problem you cannot use any special moves. But you can heal fairly good. If you get real low on health, use a smoke bomb or hide and in a few seconds you will be if full health...

5. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

The other problem is you're reduced to walking speed. That may work in PvM, but not in PvP.

But you're right, it's a good way to regain some health.

6. Still Frame

Still Frame Guest

Death strike is actually very bad on archers now, with the new calculation for dmg and when using a bow its at 1/2 whatever it would be melee.

7. Still Frame

Still Frame Guest

Fairie Fire is perfect for that, fast, high di, hitspell dex bonus and balanced :) but why the stealing with no snooping? I would suggest resist or bushido so you have confidence chiv and maybe even ninja for healing

8. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Ah.... I wasn't sure about how badly it had been nerfed. I thought it was still ok if you had high stealth, hiding and ninja.

I personally don't use it on my char because my ninja is only at 90. My char is more set up to dismount, conc blow and of course the necro spells help finish people off.

9. Get it to 90 for Special moves, then fine a piece of jewerly you like with +10 Tactics on it for the 100.

[​IMG]

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!