1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on Dragon Turtle Champion Spawn

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Katrena, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been doing the Dragon Turtle Spawn with various groups, but never get more than an occasional Level 1 Masteries book. What does it take too get the Dragon Turtle Egg?

Is it most damage for the complete spawn, or just the most damage to the Dragon Turtle at the end?

I have done complete spawns and not received anything, and other times I get there at the end and receive a book. I even died once, came back after it was over with, and found a book on my corps.

Is there a specific type of character that works best for these spawns?

Thanks in Advance, Katrena

2. Arroth Thaiel

Arroth Thaiel Seasoned Veteran

Same questions I have. Done 5 spawns and gotten 5 primers, all level 1. No eggs.

As an aside, I had Hawkwind's Quest to kill the Dragon Turtle, and the mysticism path for the quest. When the turtle died (I had done the spawn and helped kill the Dragon Turtle) I got the mysticism lvl 1 primer and two or three armor pieces.

I did not get a mastery book, and only got the one level 1 primer.

Already had a mastery book on that toon, so figure if you have a mastery book, it won't let you get a second. Also seems like if you're on Hawkwind's quest with a primer selected, you will only get the quest primer, not one for the quest and one for killing the boss.

I have used both a Necro/Mage and a Mystic/Mage. Seems like tamers with Greater Dragons are popular at the turtle champ as well.

***Edit***
    Just killed the Dragon Turtle with a different toon.
    Hawkwind's Quest active and for the Dragon Turtle, necromancy path.
    Worked the spawn and the boss, character did not have a mastery book.
    When the boss died, got a mastery book and a level 1 necromancy primer.
    Did not get a second primer for killing the boss, just the 1 from completing the quest.

#2 Arroth Thaiel, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  3. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

33 spawns, start to finish, no egg, no recipe............lotsa masteries, mostly ones but got two each of level
    2's and 3's, mystic mage weaver.

4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

1 egg drops per spawn...it's random so if you're doing it with all people you know at least ONE of you will get an egg every time.

5. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

yeah, I don't know the huge mob in Atlantic tearing the place up!

Thank you for clarifying how it drops.

6. Katrena

Katrena Sage

Is it totally random, and not based on the amount of damage you do?

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

No because I have gotten 2 eggs and do very little damage to it as I use EV's and they get dispelled pretty easily. My guildies have gotten them...1 a tamer with a dragon and 1 a mystic mage...and one a sampire.

8. Katrena

Katrena Sage

I'm not sure how much damage I'm doing, but I always get looting rights regardless if I get any items or not in my backpack.

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yes I do get looting rights but I know I don't do nearly as much damage as the dragon or sampire.

10. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Anyone know if I can bard the dinosaurs at all? Do I need a special slayer instrument? And is it possible to discord the boss?

11. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

I was able to disco the spawn and boss on my disco tamer using an exceptional instrument .. took a few tries though.

Not tried my bard so no clue about provo and peace.

12. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The Dimetrosaurus and Allosaurus are vulnerable to Reptile Slayer, so try using those instruments on them.

13. HippoRedux

HippoRedux Adventurer

Got 1 egg, 1 recipe, 1 lvl3, 2 lvl2 and 5-6 lvl1 primers out of 10-12 Turtle spawns using a stealth Mystic-Weaver wearing a Luck suit 1900-3000 Luck. I cast RC's and on Boss see the SW death wish spell when redlined. Best drops are when in a party. I also heal whichever GD s hitting the most.