1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on Software Purchase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by princess kitty, Aug 6, 2008.

1. princess kitty

princess kitty Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm planning (for the nth time) to inventory everything we own like books, dvds, appliances, etc.

Do any of you use software to catalog or inventory your possessions? What do you use?

2. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My store uses DVD Profiler for DVDs. I bet there's something similar for books. As far as basic home inventorying goes, I really can't help you, as I haven't done that in probably 8 years. But profiling your DVD collection (or any other collection) off site would be a good idea, imo

3. princess kitty

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Trish.

Can I modify the program to catalog other media, appliances, etc? Or is it meant purely for DVD's?

4. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Straight DVD/HDDVD/Bluray. But it's offsite, and if you ever wanted to show off your collection you could :)

5. princess kitty

Stratics Veteran

Thanks! I'll check it out.

6. Winky2008

Winky2008 Guest

I worked at a place that used quickbooks for all of their inventory and catalogging. I am not sure how well it would work for personal use but it may be worth a try and you could maybe use it for financial things as well like bills and banking. May be something to consider looking into. Place like Staples or Office Depot/Max used to carry the program and it was like $50. I once saw it at the local Costco too. Good luck.