1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice Tamer/T-Hunter

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by fluxcapacitr, Nov 15, 2011.

1. fluxcapacitr

fluxcapacitr Visitor

Hey all,

I recently started building up my tamer. He's got provo/disco which i intend to have at 100, taming, lore, magery, eval, cart @ 100, peacemaking.

Any advice as to how to tweek this template? change some gear and skills to be able to solo high-end t-maps?

Thanks in advance.

2. fluxcapacitr

fluxcapacitr Visitor

forgot to mention i have an all 70s, 100% lrc suit with 6mr.

3. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

120:
    Music
    Disco
    Tame
    Lore
    Mage
    Last skills are stoned off:

Carto
    Lockpick
    Mining.
    Solo all levels.

Working provoke up at 120, once done I may run that with spellweave or peace instead of taming skills, that way I'm mounted and have EVs.

4. Zannette

Zannette Guest

I don't use my tamer for hunting very much anymore as i prefer my Raising Colossus but this is the template I had lots of fun with before the Abyss and random map spawns:

Adjusted for GD:

105 - Taming
    115 - Lore
    100 - Vet
    100 - Cart
    100 - Locks
    120 - Mage
    120 - Eval

Total: 760 (40 from talisman and ring)

105/115 taming/Lore is enough to control GD 99% of the time. I opted for 115 Lore as this gives small boost to Veterinary heals as well.

Since most T-Hunting fights aren’t long I stack MR and don't worry about meditation. If you have an Elf you also get +40 manna and humans get JOAT 20 focus and 20 med so as long as you wear leather you shouldn't be running out of manna.

Hope this helps.
    have fun and be safe!

Z

5. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think you'll need to lose eval for vet. You can't rez your pet through magery even if you could keep it alive with greater heal.