1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need an idea for container display

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Assia Penryn, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am working on redesigning my home and I am an avid collector of whispering roses. What I consider my prize roses are displayed in a roof garden, but I have a lot more in my collection that I would like to put into a container to lock down and be accessible to anyone who would like to see. They are currently in a red dyed 'gold box', but was wondering if anyone else can think of anything else that might be more appropriate to a garden setting. I would prefer that I might be able to be labeled for display purposes to alert folks to the rest of the collection. I have buckets used in another part of the home so would rather keep those there.

Anyone have any better ideas than the red box? Thank you in advance!

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm, what about a bushel? I think that would look nice in a garden setting. Or even some of the craftable baskets would look nice. :)

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks Shelly! I totally spaced on the baskets. See that's why I asked! I'll see if I can find one that will work nicely, thank you!!

4. crates with curtains around it maybe... it might look overstyled though. hah

5. nynyve

nynyve Guest

You can disguise wooden crates as planters by dying them white. Just lock the plants down on top of the crate. You can also lock the tiny, mushroom shaped baskets down as part of the decor.

6. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Many many moons ago... I designed a house for a friend on the Atlantic shard, when AoS just started... Malas, the mightly trailor-park, opened... My first custom house, in fact. We did a roof-top garden and he added several arches around, in that really rustic stone wall set... then added vines, and made the roses look as if the vines were climbing roses.

If you are interested in a look... go to Lagtown, the north gate, follow east and up the mountains until you come to the first snow area. His house is right inside. Looks like an old Scottish bog keep. :)