1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with blacksmith

Discussion in 'UHall' started by packrat, Jun 22, 2008.

1. packrat

packrat Guest

My friend is stuck at 108.. what does she make to get from 108-120? I read somewhere on here that you can make circets or something like that to get to 120 can someone help please?
  2. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Royal Circlet, keep at it. Make sure your friend has the points to go higher. Skills not locked etc.
  3. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Sound Advice, but mix it up now and then with plate arms and gorget. Move around after large batch. Say you are smithing at home, move to delucia or minoc...and such. Persistance is the key:]
  4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 29, 2003
    I've trained over 30 blacksmith and tailors in my years playing UO.

You'll hit dry spells every now and then. I've seen 400-500 hammer swings between gains before. It happens.

Here's a few things to try.

Make something different, something considerably more difficult to make than what you've been making.

Take a break. Stop for an hour or two and come back. Sometimes you get a gain right away.

Commit suicide. Kill yourself. Undress, grab some poison and go to a healer and drink it. However you do it, just do it. Totally and completely unproven but quite commonly recommended when you hit a wall during training.

Last but not least, check your skill cap.