1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

need help with mage

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by mcrowe1082, May 20, 2009.

1. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

Hello all....

I am making a mage and was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a few things.

First of all it seems that i cast spells really slow and that when i watch another mage cast they seem to throw spells off very quick and i'm not sure why. the other day i got hit with a flamestrike and energy bolt almost simultaneously from same caster and when i cast one spell and try to immediately cast another it tells me that i haven't recovered from last spell yet which is very damaging to me in combat. any ideas on how to fix this?

Second i was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their methods of setting hotkeys for their spells i just haven't found a good method of setting them for easy casting.

Third and lastly which spells are most important to cast when doing pvp?

thank you and i would appreciate all the advice i could get

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well first the reason they are casting faster is they are wearing faster cast jewels second the reason you get the message "you have not recovered" is they also have faster cast recovery jewels on

as for the keys i always use my f1 to f12 keys some people use 1,2,3,4,5 etc just depends on what you like
    as for what spells i dont pvp so cant help much there
    here is a link for item properties look at faster cast and recovery and it has details for you
    http://www.uoguide.com/Item_Properties

oh and you may want to post in the spellcaster forum for better mage related discussions

3. Gark

Gark Guest

As Storm stated the faster casting/cast recovery (commonly referred as Fc/fcr) is a huge part of a mage these days. Magery has a "cap" of 2 FC, and 4 FCR. Always look on shields etc. for faster casting -1. It will slow you down considerably.
    2 or 3 points in recovery will give a marked improvement over standard, so some is better than nothing.
    Been quite a while since i pvp'd, even then i wasn't hardcore with it, but i always like paralyze for non mage types of enemies. With evaluate intelligence and spell damage increase of a decent amount I always liked flamestrike.
    Just some ideas i had. As Storm stated, the spellcaster forums will give you a lot more in depth advice.

4. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The Casting Cap for a mage is not 2/6?

5. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have checked and the casting Cap is indeed 2/6