1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with my BARD Skills please :)

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by kray2s, Jun 23, 2008.

1. kray2s

kray2s Guest

Hi all,

I have finally decided to get around to finishing off training my bard.

I have used the p/s's i want and i am chomping at the bit to get out there!

I have 1 problem though :(

Music and peacing i am having no problem training but..........
    can anyone tell me what i should be provoking and discording to get gains and if possible at what levels i should be switching to different targets?

I remember there used to be some info on this subject on the old strats boards but alas i (like u) can not access the old boards!
    If anyone has this info then please could you share:)

thank you in advance

2. hemlawk

hemlawk Guest

I havent played in a few years(starting again for fun) but the last thing I did to raise my bard skills was the following.

1. took a boat off the shores of the Tribal people place.
    2. Got face paint so they didnt attack me
    3. provoked the heck out of them

Im not sure if that still works

3. Nenime

Nenime Guest

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

For Discord: Just Discord everything you come across.

For Provoking you need the right monsters, not to high (failing too much) and not too low (always success) .

5. kray2s

kray2s Guest

ty for all help so far!

I thought provo and disco worked the same in that you needed a target with the right level of toughness depending on your skill level?

I am sure there used to be a list of what to use (monsters/animals) with a rough level of high u needed to be in regard to your skill level!

If anyone has such a list or knows off the cuff so to speak i would be the happiest uo player alive:)

6. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Who can refuse to make you so happy :)

This is what I found in elder threads:

(referring to Poo's famous list in the old forum)

and:
    I hope this is what you were looking for.

7. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Unless you have a tamer, you will need to go hunt and Bard.
    If you have a tamer or tamer friend, just have them tame some besties and drop them off for you somewhere.

8. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

You want to lock Musicianship at 100.0 and you will gain the other 3 skills faster than with Music above GM. Music is so easy to gain when you finish the other skills.

Here's another Barding calculator:
    http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php
    You want to be training with creatures where you have a 40-60% chance of success.

Here's another tool:
    http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/index.shtml
    Do an advanced search and sort on Barding difficulty. You now have a sorted list. Locate you training range and pick your choose!

9. eolsunder

eolsunder Guest

Provoke is super easy with a tamer, harder on others. Get 2 pets of certain type and just provoke them on each other. Pretty easy.

Discord is alot harder. They changed it from super easy to super hard and its the slowest to raise. Like the other poster said, just discord everything you see. I like to go to a illshenar champ spawn, especially oaks and discord shadow wisps at lower levels. Nothing attacks you plus plenty of targets.