1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with my Rares/Collector Thief

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Razzputon, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Razzputon

Razzputon Guest

So I posted on the UO Thief forums and they directed me to this forum. =)

I'm look for advise/help with my new Thief. He is going to be used for stealables in Doom and Tokumo. Honestly I cant find any good info on a character build for this kind of activity. Can anyone help with or give me a link for more information on proper templates, Stealable lists and times, and all around guides to building a good Rares/Collector Thief?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

So I posted on the UO Thief forums and they directed me to this forum. =)

I'm look for advise/help with my new Thief. He is going to be used for stealables in Doom and Tokumo. Honestly I cant find any good info on a character build for this kind of activity. Can anyone help with or give me a link for more information on proper templates, Stealable lists and times, and all around guides to building a good Rares/Collector Thief?

Thanks in Advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

120 Stealing (steal anything)
    GM Spellweaving (resurect, heal, offensive spells)
    GM Hiding
    GM Stealth (Easy for navigating dungeon unharmed)
    GM Mage
    GM Eval
    GM Med

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd just scroll up to 120 in both stealth and stealing, but lock both skills as 90. And use burgulars bandana, and shadow dancer leggings. Free 60 points in skill. Then max out something else. Music and Peace, along with lockpicking are some other options. Pretty much up to you and your play style.

4. TheGwy

TheGwy Guest

I make all my thieves same template on every shard
    120 stealing
    GM hiding
    GM magery
    GM eval
    GM Med
    GM focus
    GM resist

basicly, start wuith 50 steal/hide, use an adbavaced token for magery
    and with 60 stealing on legs, hat, jewlery, get 2 alacrity wscrolls, train for 30mins to get you last +10 skills

30mins and yout thief is ready for stealing, never die, can list items and armor I use also

5. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

why no stealth???

i do stealth over focus!

6. Razzputon

Razzputon Guest

I'm gonna go with:

120 Stealth - 90 + 30 in items (Bane and Bandana)
    120 Stealing - 90 + 30 in items (Bane and Bandana)
    100 hiding
    120 Weaver
    115 Mage - 110 + 5 in jewelry
    115 Eval Int - 110 + 5 in Jewelry
    100 Med

Is there anything I need to do before I can start stealing in Doom and Tokuno?
    Are there a guide out there that will help me to find the items to steal?
    Is there a techniqe I need to use to steal items?

7. TheGwy

TheGwy Guest

stealth means I gotta be on foot and walking most the time, pretty slow when I can have gm resist and with a 50s resist suit and run everywhere, will never die, took focus cause i dont go for Mana Regen on my suits, never run out of mana

8. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

GWY makes sense. There is no real need for stealth in this case. The only thing you might need stealth for is to not have other people know you are around. But I don't think there is as much competition for these things nowadays.

9. TheGwy

TheGwy Guest

Unless you're going to use your thief in pvp to steal scrolls and such at the gate, stealth is a BIG waste of points

10. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

Could always spend some big bucks and get Investigators Cloak....that along with Bandanna and dancer legs you could cap stealing and stealth at like what 50-60 points and have like 100 points left to put on something else?

Dunno just seems like a good idea lol.....could always bug manti for that shroud too [​IMG]

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

interesting i use for both stealing and idoc hunting, tram and fel! will have to re think suit, skills i have both bandana and leggings most shards!

12. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

There's also the Oak Leaf Shroud to consider....what is it like +5 stealth?