1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Need magery

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by VazTheSpaz, Feb 19, 2008.

1. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Guest

I wana make a tamer. My friend says i need to take magery so i canm port my pets how important/usefull is mageryn to a tamer?
    If i do need/take it how does this sound
    Animal lore 100%
    Animal training 100%
    Herding 100%
    Magery 100%
    Eval Int 100%
    Meditate 100%
    Peacemaeking 100% ?
  2. Uthar Pendragon

Uthar Pendragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 7, 2005
    Others will also point this out but, peacemaking without music is worthless. And why hearding? it is not needed as a skill just taming , Lore and vet.
  3. Herding lets you tell wild, tameable creatures where to go. It's not particularly useful on an animal tamer. It's quite useful on a stealth/ninja.
  4. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Guest

Back to my original question what about magery
  5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mar 3, 2006
    You don't need magery on a tamer template. You can go wherever you want with recall scrolls and 0 magery, and your bonded pets will go with you. What you need to do is decide what kind of tamer you want to be. Do a search over the past year or two, there have been tons of threads on different templates and their strengths and weaknesses.
  6. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I went this way with my templet..

Legendary: Veterinary 120
    Legendary: Animal Lore 120
    Legendary: Animal Taming 120
    Elder: Musicianship 115
    Elder: Peacemaking 115
    Grandmaster: Magery 104.5 (Going for 110)

14 stable slots, and I can tame anything out there at this time.
  7. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Guest

Thanks so i recall will take my pets and i do not need magery to get me and my pets from point A to Point B
  8. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

True, once they bond, which takes a week.
    I have the magery there, I can lower it down if I need Peace or Music to go up..
    But this templet works for me..
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

You can go wherever you want with recall scrolls and 0 magery, and your bonded pets will go with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, your newly tamed, unbonded pets will either need to be walked to a stable or gated, they do not follow you via recall. This is an instance where magery is very helpful.