1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

need some directions ...

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Lord Kynd, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

ok i know the old forums had a KR section, for some reason i am not finding a KR area or much talk even about it.

i have questions and need answers , wheres my :link: :)

now to remember to come read this threed :p
  2. Nenime

Nenime Guest

There is no KR section yet. The former structure is said to be copied into this new forum but will take some time.

So, tell me about your problems. :popcorn:
  3. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Jun 24, 2003

Lord Kynd Guest

thank you

problem, well not yet ...
    i kinda want to download and try KR, eww
    but am afraid that my macros/settings in 2d will be gone
    same for uoA macros /settings
  5. Won't happen ... they are separate clients and separate folder paths. I have both quite nicely co-existing on my system along with UOA. Go forth and check it out ...:)
  6. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

thanks T
    so there are no known issues with running both client's ?
    i remember 3d screwed things up.
  7. To my knowledge, no ...
  8. Alrich

Alrich Guest

cant be in 2d and kr at same time, but ya no issues having both installed. Each is a separate program so installing KR effects 2d about as much as having microsoft office on your pc does.

Separate macros though, so you will have to recreate macros in KR-- no way to import them over as they use 2 totally different macro systems.
  9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    You "can" run 2D & KR at the same time, by bypassing the KR patch server (won't tell you how, but you can probably figure it out), but it lags even a modern system so bad that the only reason you'd ever want to do so would be to transfer a pet (or rez one) between accounts if you have multiples, or to add people from one account to the other's guild. And those can be done more above-board by logging into two different Windows Identities, logging into UO with both, then switching between them, whereas there's never been an official ruling as to whether the method I first described is legal or not (and the drawbacks are such no one will ever use it for anything other than those limited applications).

Everything else can be done by leaving stuff in ones house (one can add friends & co-owners with 2D alone by logging the character out outside the house, then logging the owner account in and targeting them)