1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some mouse help...

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Basara, May 30, 2010.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    OK, my secondary machine is a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop, XP SP3, 2 GB memory, Core 2 processor (1.4 or 1.8, forget which).

I mainly use a USB mouse with it, as I HATE touchpads.

In the last couple of weeks, I've ran into a mouse issue.

it seems like most attempts to single-click on items, anywhere (in UO, on facebook, even in My Computer), result in effective double-clicks (about 60-70% of the time).

1. I don't have the single click option turned on in settings (first thing I checked), and if I did, that shouldn't affect things in-game, AFAIK.

2. The mouse appears to work fine on another (desktop) machine, that I let a friend use when I'm on my main desktop.

3. Even if I use the touchpad, the double-clicking for single still seems to occur, if not as often.

2. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 6, 2010
    first thing that i think of is a virus, but that's old school remote possibility.
    could be the usb port on your machine is acting up(ps2 or usb mouse?)
    do you have another mouse you can test it with ?
  3. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Could be due to either a faulty mouse button or corrupted drivers.

To isolate, boot up in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. If it works fine in safe mode, uninstall your mouse drivers, reboot and re-install them.

If it still does the same thing, test with a different mouse and see if the same thing happens.