1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Need some tips

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by silmwarensurion, Feb 17, 2014.

1. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

Im virtually new at the Treasure Hunting thing. I am wondering if there are some tricks on finding the spot of the chest. Is there a easy way to find the spot without mining?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

Thanks PF, think its kinda silly to have to have mining to dig up chests. Its a major annoyance

4. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I learned using Petra's way, it may have even been Petra who taught me years ago.......but now I'm using EC and theres another way......not better, not worse or harder, just different.

http://www.stratics.com/community/threads/make-it-easy-with-pincos-ui.301355/

I'm using the EC and Pinco's UI, and I haven't been more than a step or two off the mark...I have ZERO mining on my t-hunter.

Read/Watch it a couple of times, play with the controls he talks about, for me it was easy as pie.....eating pie, not baking pie, baking pie is hard, eating it is easy.

Parrot
    THunter/Bard/Mage
    Baja

PS, I should say that I use the alpha setting and fade out the map, and move a few spaces, then adjust the maps until I'm standing where I wanna be, works for me everytime.

#4 Mac, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  5. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am a 2d player and hard core treasure hunter..... I have tried and tried to figure out a way without mining that works consistently every time./every map.. Then I went and GM ed mining over night and put it on my character....it takes me seconds now to find the spot every time/every map....as opposed to 10-15 mins without mining.

I had lost my mining skill years ago and dreaded retraining it, because I remember spending weeks and weeks training mining. I literally went from zero to GM in a couple hours, I am torn by this...part of me loves that it was this easy.....part of me hates it. The accomplishment has become trivialized by the new system.....much of this game has become love/hate for me.