1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Need Vendor Search to remove 'no longer for sale' items more often

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tanivar, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gargoyle's Pickaxes I bought out a week ago on Siege are still listed.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  2. Gamer_Goblin

There are no bugs in this game Tanivar and you shouldn't complain about things that are working just not in the way you want. Need I remind you of your thread?

3. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Didn't call it a bug, just think it needs the update timer adjusted. I imagine it's working as intended, but in my 'opinion' it's to long. I'm not one to call things that don't work the way I'd like them to bugs if their not actually bugs. Wish others would behave like that. Folks who stop in to find out what UO is all about must get one heck of a bad impression of UO, rants about gadzillions of bugs all over the place in here. Yet I've played since fall of 2000 and somehow missed 99.99% of them.

4. SoftServeDreams

SoftServeDreams Journeyman
    Professional Premium

These "ghost" items on search result are not only annoying but also disappointing. They're really annoying especially when the item you're looking for is a common item sold in hundreds on vendors (POF's, low-end runics, etc.), need a lot of page flipping to find one that's actually available.
    Just a minor frustration though, I still appreciate vendor search and hope constant improvements made to it.

5. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Annoying to match a really low price and find out it sold a long time ago ;)

old gypsy likes this.
  6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

On Balhae, I can still find in vendor search over 60 items that I removed from several vendors on January 30, 2015. I also dropped the vendors that day, after emptying them, and I let the house fall (July 1st) after I turned off the account that I traded the house to once I closed my shop. I notice today that when I try to get a map for those items, nothing happens. But then again, I can't get a map or even a message that the item is no longer for sale for anything else that shows up in vendor search on Balhae. For all I know every vendor on Balhae is empty or perhaps even deleted at this point! (And yes, I've got the classic client completely patched up and current.)

7. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

The new items won't show up either unless they "refresh the database", the new gifts and such.