1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Needing Help from Ultima Fans: Original Player Races Pic, Please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lia, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Lia

Lia Guest

OK, waaay back when, someone had posted a pic of the original Ultima line's player characters, including the Bobbits and Fuzzies. Does anyone have that pic that would be kind enough to post it again?

Thanks!!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Here's an interesting bit of trivia...

The NES version of Ultima III: Exodus had all the races, plus had an interesting little quirk.

There were effectively a certain number of character classes - but two names for each class. One class name was for males only, the other class name for females only. I don't remember if any other Ultima game was like that.

3. Lia

Lia Guest

:p That is interesting!

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Pretty sure the NES 3 was the only one that had pictures of the different races, too. Someone fire up an NES emulator and get a screenshot from the character creation screen of Ultima:Exodus

*edit* Nope.. was wrong.. only shows the class, not the race. No idea where anyone got pics of the races from then.

5. Lia

Lia Guest

Well, I appreciate you trying! :)

It's been so long since I've seen it, but I think it was a black and white, or maybe greyscale. I don't think it was a screenshot, but like something you might seen in a book or something. But, my memory is full of holes lately, so I could be completely wrong. :coco: Sorry, I don't mean to be contrary, I'm just not sure.

6. Raina

Raina Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

7. Lia

Lia Guest

Awesome!! Thanks!!! I think that is it. The little people are Bobbits, I believe. I also found this one, of a Fuzzy. I'd love to have one of these!

[​IMG]

Thanks, everyone, for your help!!

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ah. I'm thinking this was artwork in the Ultima 3 game manual. You can probably find it somewhere on the web in PDF format. I wonder if you can pull a larger version of these images off that. Let me see if I have it.