1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

(RP) Nematic Phylactery Appears in Townships !!

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Gunga_Din, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

This evening, a Nematic Phylactery appeared in the Village of Merxmere. It looks like a crystal with liquid at its center.

Gunga Din was quickly notified about the ominous object.

Never having seen anything quiet like it, he referred to the Total Codex in the library of Merxmere.

From what he read, it could be some type of amulet. If so, it could contain something.
    More Nematic Phylacteries were found in the other townships.

This does not look good.
  2. Jamlyn

Jamlyn Guest

Looks like the work of Necromancy. I know of someone who would do such a thing...
  3. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

Dec 18, 2003
    An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 10 days after its apparent death.
  4. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Ahh, danke for the info. I knew a soul could be stored in a Phylactery, just didn't know how it was linked with a Lich.
  5. Zelda of Zed

Zelda of Zed Guest

We got one too... I was taking Elvis for a walk, and we found it... upon seeing it.. he squelled in panic, and went back in the house. Elvis is now back under the auction table, and refused to come out... that thing scared the HELL out of him.
  6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    Play more D&D you'll learn all kinda phrases....
  7. georox

georox Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 9, 2004
    I once burned down a forest because I failed a Will check to see if my character didn't want to burn it down.