1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nerf TRAPPED BOXES!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Arcades, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sick of the Resisting Spells skill getting no love!!! This is Valentine's Day and I feel the need to appreciate this skill, the Trapped Box cheating scumbag is a menace to my love!!

How can a 50 skilled Tinker craft me something that can replace a skill @ Legendary status?!? Besides Mana Vamp, there's no point in having Resist b/c Trapped Boxes breaks Paralysis and pots take care of stats from Curse!!

There's gotta be a change, Trapped Boxes only crafted @ GM Tinkering, and apply maximum damage upon opening. That'll end this love triangle once and for all!! Ka-BOOM!!

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If and only if evil omen is nerfed first, because it casts fast and makes sure you have ZERO chance to resist paralyze.

3. Gandie

Gandie Guest

I agree, fix trapped boxes. BUT change evil omens effect with para too then.

Else its a no go.

4. just buff the damage on trapped boxes

and make resist more usefull please, i think it is stupid that we need to invest 120 points in a skill just to counter one overpowered spell (paralize)

without resist, a mage can paralize combo you, and no matter how good you are, or how good your gear is, or what skills you have, you loose

so please nerf paralize

5. If you are paralized you should not be able to open the box. For that matter you should not be able to apply a bandage.

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

I do not agree.

I do not wish to insult your pvp knowledge, but resist is already extremly useful.

Iv ran for years without resist, thinking all I needed was a trap box, I have been running resist for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it.

1) Reduces the effectness of curse,blood oath,weaken and other debuffs
    2) You do get stopped for a second when you have a box and that gives time for people to gank you while running plus you do take a little bit of damage
    3) You can nearly walk though para fields
    4) Mages can poison you 100% of the time without resist
    5) You can resist the paralize of nerve strikes and para blows
    6) painspike hits you for a whooping 30 damage without resist
    7) pets can chain para you and poison and are just all around nasty, try fighting 2 bake kitsunes dismount without resist, you get eaten alive

In short, resist is still the shiz, even with trapped boxes.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I tried to find the thread by I believe it was draconi but not sure the boxes are working as intended and there is no plan to change this !
    I do think resist needs a little boost in resist poison and para cause at 100 resist I still get poisoned alot and para too although the para is just a second or so
    as for curse and the rest I get tagged with those all the time same as my guy with no resist maybe its just me but I dont notice a difference there or maybe I would be getting hit with them alot more without resist who knows

8. rwek

rwek Guest

Number 2 in the list above is wrong.

You pause about 1/4 seconds because most the people running the boxes have scripts to auto open them when paralized. So there is almost no delay. the 1/4 of a second isn't enough to do much with. the same scripts are chugging cures just as fast as poison lands. You hardly have time to see the players bar go green before its cured.

Yes, boxes would really even the mage/dexer play field. I'm not in favor of "ok i paralize you i win" methods.

But lets see more dexers take 120 skill points toward resist. Mages will do much better.

Yes evil omen para sux. But not many players can get both on themselves. It's a gank situation.

9. Fink

Fink Guest

I say leave trapped boxes, fix Resist Spells. An item nerf is no substitute for a skill working properly.

10. EDA_GL

EDA_GL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

All this is moot until they fix the rampant cheating, scripting and hacking.