1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Network Error Connection Lost

Discussion in 'UHall' started by txmonkey, Mar 25, 2012.

1. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to UO, couple buddies from work got me started recently. I'm running into a problem when I try to log in; as soon as I hit enter I get a Network Error:Connection Lost message instantly. I know it's not my network, because one of my friends came over last night and I was able to log in to my account on his laptop no problem. I've been looking all over online for the last couple of days, but it looks like anyone who has run into my problem in the past is a broken link. I've even tried zooming in on thumbnails trying to find something out. lol

Anyways, I've reinstalled multiple times, tryied to classic and enhanced clients, I've disabled my firewall and AV, tried compatibility mode. I've bypassed the patcher to see if that's a problem for some reason, and I'm sure I have the most up-to-date patch. Don't really know what else to do. Getting automated messages for any tech support I try.

I'm running Windows XP Home, not having any trouble connecting on any other online games. I don't know if it will help, but I was looking through files and found this:

[2012/03/25 20:34:35] libpatchclient initialized.
    [2012/03/25 20:34:35] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.bin]
    [2012/03/25 20:34:35] Nothing to patch for [EAMythic Patcher]
    [2012/03/25 20:34:44] Nothing to patch for [UO]
    [2012/03/25 20:34:44] Patch Operation Complete.
    [2012/03/25 20:54:05] Failed to load module [http]
    [2012/03/25 20:54:05] libpatchclient initialized.
    [2012/03/25 20:54:05] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.backup]
    [2012/03/25 20:54:06] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.backup]
    [2012/03/25 20:54:06] Failed to overwrite file [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.bin]. Attempt [1]. Retrying in [3] seconds...
    [2012/03/25 20:54:09] Failed to overwrite file [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.bin]. Attempt [2]. Retrying in [3] seconds...
    [2012/03/25 20:54:12] Failed to overwrite file [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.bin]. Attempt [3]. Retrying in [3] seconds...
    [2012/03/25 20:54:15] Failed to overwrite file [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe.bin]. Attempt [4]. Retrying in [3] seconds...
    [2012/03/25 20:54:18] File copy failed after 5 attempts.

Any help would be appreciated, got me hooked on it and now I can't play!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you are not able to log in with either client my bet is something is blocking the patcher make sure all firewalls have permissions and all anti virus also make sure and give admin rights to the game/patcher

Nimuaq likes this.
  3. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

I've tried it with Firewall and AV off, and I'm running as Admin. Thank you for the reply though.

4. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

I see "No usable UI present" in this string, honestly have no idea what that means. I just erased every trace of UO from my laptop, reinstalled and tried to log in once, this is what I get:

[2012/03/26 17:00:02] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt]. Trying english fallback.
    [2012/03/26 17:00:02] Failed to load string table from [data\strings\english\patch.txt].
    [2012/03/26 17:00:02] String table load failed!
    [2012/03/26 17:00:03] Failed UI copy from [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\patchui_win.dll] to [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\libpatchui.dll]. Trying safety load of source dll.
    [2012/03/26 17:00:03] No usable UI present! Initializing 'headless' patch.
    [2012/03/26 17:00:03] libpatchclient initialized.
    [2012/03/26 17:00:03] No acceptable splash screen file found.
    [2012/03/26 17:00:03] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
    [2012/03/26 17:00:04] Currently running as [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\uopatch.exe]
    [2012/03/26 17:00:04] Notification of restart with alternate filename

I'm really trying not to be obnoxious, just throwing stuff out there that might catch someone's eye. :(

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

where did you get your copy of uo from? did you download from the site or a disk?

6. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

I downloaded the 14 day trial as well as the Ultima Online client link on the right side of the uoherald.com main page. I'm sure I've removed everything from my computer before reinstalling. Plan on buying the game, but I'm not going to spend money on it if I wont be able to play.

**Edit: I just got finished forwarding all UO ports on my router and same situation.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have seen this before but cant seem to find the details of the fix! I was thinking it had something to do with UDP being turned off or something like that!

8. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

Well hell! I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I temporarily enabled all ports, which caused a conflct on my router..Ran the game, ofcourse wouldn't connect to patcher(but gave me a different error message about a missing file), reset my ports and restarted my router and all of a sudden I can log on. ..........I don't know.

But my resolution is messed up lol. I have to click half an inch below any buttons for the mouse to select it. Another quest begins! Cause I can't find where to change resolution on this game ..

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

10. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I dont know enough about computers to offer help but what you describe about the resollution is exactly the trouble I had when trying the enhanced client. In the end I gave up and just went back to the classic.

11. txmonkey

txmonkey Guest

Thanks Storm! Bobar, setting the game to play at fullscreen(800x600 game resolution) fixed the problem for me.