1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Network News] Scheduled Forum Downtime Friday, July 11th

Discussion in 'UHall' started by _zigzag_, Jul 9, 2008.

1. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

We will be bringing our forums down Friday, July 11th 2008 to import restored user data initially lost in May. The following was posted in our Forum Announcements:

"On Friday, July 11th our message forums will be taken offline for approximately 48 hours while we restore the data we were able to pull from the old database and merge it with the existing data. The restoration will begin at about noon EST on Friday.

Users whose accounts were recovered from the old database will have those accounts merged with the current existing account, if the username and the email address match. For those of you who created alternate usernames we will be able to merge your restored account with your new account after the restoration has been completed.

If you have any questions or need any assistance with your account please email [email protected] or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forums."

While we apologize for the inconvenience, we are at the same time very happy this scheduled downtime is occurring as it means we are returning to normality!

2. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

And yes, we will have professions forums back! :D

3. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great news *zigzag*! :)

Just to help get the word out to people before Friday... Forum Data Restore - Server Downtime has been reprinted to both GameXbar and UO Toolbar.

Next week when as the new forum starts taking shape with the old board data and the new URLs... I'll rebuild the UO Stratics forum menu in the UO Toolbar.

4. So they're merging the new forums data into the old forums data or are they merging the old forums into the new forums.

Meaning we'll still be using vBulletin?

5. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Kratos,

Yes... B.

Yes, vBulletin going forward. :)

6. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Nok!

7. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

make sure yas dont take away our smilies!!! these are cool! :party: :thumbup: :grouphug: :heart: :rant2: :confused: :thumbup1:

8. Kebet

Kebet Guest

I will be glad to have the professions forum back! :) Will the guild forums be restored as well?

9. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

*Hug's Zigzag*

10. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

No worries... the smilies are safe :thumbsup:

11. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hopefully Pub 54 doesn't hit all the shards that day :(, would be a pain if there was a real problem & no one could be notified as we all do here to one another. Looks :eyes: for other "Lost" forum he has hidden in bookmarks. Awww there it is:thumbup1:

12. Yup. The UBB stuff was a tad dated, this has more flexibility. Old data into this format. User setups as well should merge decently if your current forum handle meets the specs outlined by *zigzag*. I can tell you that PMs on my "Mod side" recovered very nicely.

13. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The Guild Forums are on this list, but unfortunately won't be restored *quite* yet. Don't fret tho'...we will for sure be offering them again very soon!

14. Finch

Finch Guest

Can we have the ability to go straight to UHall when I choose Uhall rather than go to yet another list, scroll past all the other game boards to get to Uhall???
    Big time annoying, Needless clicks drive me crazy.

15. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Will there be an option to show all the Dev posts like in the old forum?

16. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Finch,

Bookmark this: http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3. Or use the link in the UO Toolbar.

17. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

I am wondering...when the old data is merged back, for those of us that kept the same user name, what happens to our archive of private messages from the original account? The current mailbox limit is 100 messages. On the old forums we had the ability to create multiple storage folders in our mailbox, and organize them...and over time a lot of messages have accumulated. What happens to them when the user accounts are merged?

-Skylark

18. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Speaking of excessive clicking...while overall I am liking the new boards, one thing I miss is the flashing envelope icon notification at the top left of the page from the old board for new messages, and the contact list. It was far easier to use private messages with the old format IMO. I feel like I am clicking all over the place now to read and send messages.

-Skylark

19. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Not to mention the fact that if you're looking at a user profile (including your own), the pull-down list for the forums is nowhere to be found. I notice now that it's also missing from this screen that I'm on while writing this post.

It should also be near the top of the screen, not hanging around at the bottom, smoking and acting shifty.

20. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Remember, when the forums are gone, there'll still be IRC.

21. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

KR forum as well?

22. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

23. :thumbdown:

Your leaving us on a publish weekend..

24. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Cool! Good to hear you are finally ready to implement the merge. I'll be checking back on Sunday to see if it is back up.

25. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

hmm member name is the same .. not sure with e-mail thou tbh....

26. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I know my e-mail is not the same. I don't even -remember- what the email is that is linked to Kayhynn it's been 4+ years.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!