1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New ABC Archer

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Kain Elderan, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Kain Elderan

Kain Elderan Guest

So I just recently returned to the game and am trying to work on an ABC archer. Basically I'm converting an old character over to it that was already GM Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing. I plan on the following:

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    120 Tactics
    100 Healing
    95 Anatomy
    90 Resist
    70 Chiv

Of course I have to get the scrolls first (only have 115 archery scrolled atm), but either way what I'd like to find out is what abilities are normally used by the ABC archer in combat? EoO, I remember, maybe Consecrate weapon and Lightning Strike I could see, but what else is normally used? Thanks for any help.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There aren't many.

Enemy of one for extra damage
    consecrate weapon for extra damage
    lightning strike for extra damage
    honor your enemy for extra damage

divine fury for speed

momentum strike for fun (hits two opponents if one is standing next to you)

confidence for healing
    healing for healing
    cleanse by fire and potions/petals for curing (never wait for the bandage cure unless you're training)

remove curse for removing curses

And weapons specials (most notably armor ignore, but moving shot is good against fast opponents (paragons, flesh renderers))

If it weren't for honor, you could probably lose bushido entirely, but honor is far too valuable in PvM to go without bushido.

3. I'd suggest you make 1 change. Go with 115 Tactics and bump Anat to 100. There is a bonus to damage of 5% (I think). You don't lose anything by dropping Tactics by 5 and bumping Anat by 5. It's an even swap damage wise.

4. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT CONNOR! But of course, you are right! We've got a convert. LOL

All else equal, 115/100 Tactics/Anatomy is *slightly* greater damage than 120/95. Save yourself the cost of the 120 Tactics scroll, which isn't cheap.

5. I know he's talking about an ABC archer here..but out of curiosity..does anyone ever take the sampire approach with an archer?

Would archery be too slow?

I think the concept would work just as well, particularly if you used a good fast magic short bow or something.

Something like

Archery 120
    tactics 120
    anat 120
    Bushido 120
    Necro 100
    ss 70
    chiv 70

I guess maybe without the parry as an archer you wouldn't be able to tankl? Any thoughts?

6. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The problem that I've run into is with the reduction in the effectiveness to how bows used to be with leeching, coupled with damage litigation, It is just not the same. Additionally you cannot run parry checks with an archer.

There are various necro builds which are more effective than say a sampire hybrid/tank. Archers do their best when far away...not up close to an enemy.

7. Kain Elderan

Kain Elderan Guest

What would be the best stats setup for this? I currently only have 230 but may be getting a +15 soon.

8. Optimally, with a +25 scroll (I know you don't have that, but you'll have to decide where to put the points) you want:

90 Str
    125 Dex
    40 Int

Of the 3, the 125 Dex is the most important.

9. Kelly Daze

Kelly Daze Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This was my ABC archer and I loved playing. The damage output was amazing and it was a template to play.

120 Archey
    120 tactics
    120 anatomy
    120 bushido
    100 healing
    105 chiv
    rest in med

I mainly used this char at champ spawns. I tried to honor everything that I could. I used holy light for the first 2 levels of spawn. I also used a hit area bow. I didn't worry much out hci and mr because i would lighting strike and the HML on my bow. I also carry trapped boxes and apples along with pots.

I made sure I was at 125 dex 90 str and the rest in intel as connor pointed out. I used the mace and shield glasses and the jackals along with the CC and jewels to be at 150 dex. I also tried to get as close as I could to 180 stamina, but i couldn't get more then 170.

But I do not run this char anymore. I changed him into my sampire, which I am thinking about changing back to my archer and making a new sampire.