1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Account and "The Stygian Abyss"

Discussion in 'Account Management FAQ and Info' started by ookywooky, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ookywooky

ookywooky Guest

Hi there!

After many years, I found my way back to UO - and I decided to start anew. After one week, I have to say: Yeah, that's it!

First I've created a test-account and after one week, I switched to paying monthly - now its a "retail account".
    BUT ingame, many looted items need "the stygian abyss" expansion to be installed.

I use the enhanced client - and in the windows-title (when the client runs) I can find the words "The stygian abyss".
    What exactly do I need to do, to be able to create me a gargoyle and to use the new items etc..?
    -> On Origin I've found two "The stygian abyss" items: One including 30 days playtime and one, which is an update.

Do I need to buy this update? (About € 15,--) -> If yes, do I need to install something then, or will it be activated by providing a key within my account-management-site?

.. and I think, that I don't need this 30 days, because I have already a subscritpion running since yesterday.
    I hope somebody can help me with this - I really enjoy playing UO again - and this time I'll play for a loooong time :)
    Thank you!

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hi, and welcome home. You need the upgrade code which will, as you surmised, activate the content when applied to your account with no further download.

3. ookywooky

ookywooky Guest

ah, great, thank you!

4. ookywooky

ookywooky Guest

ok, everything's done. And it works :)
    Thank you for your help!

DJAd likes this.