1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Account to Hold House

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Obsidian, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have a question. On one of the lesser populated shards there is a house (unbuilt plot) that is in decay. Assuming it falls and no one beats me to it, I want to place and take the spot.

If I create a new account and provide billing info (credit card) and select the pay upfront in 6 month intervals, will the account be eligible to hold a house immediately? Or is there some default timer for new accounts, even if it is paid upfront. I want to avoid the timer if possible.

Also, if I create a new account, it will include all of the features through Mondain's Legacy even without a SA upgrade, correct? Again, if I do this, my only need for the account is to hold a house. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I bought a buddy account from UOGamecodes and was able to place a house on that new account immediately.

Linky

3. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If I do this, will it have the Mondain's Legacy content (i.e. the elf race and UOML house tiles) now that UOML is universal?

-OBSIDIAN-

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Yup!

5. Obsidian

What about the UOML extra 20% storage?

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

I thought they changed that...new accounts can't place houses

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

You'll get that too.

Well I managed it only a couple weeks ago.

8. Maggie

Maggie Guest

buddy accounts are different than new accounts.

If you are purchasing a new account it will automatically sign you up for the fourteen day free trial period. You cannot place a house during the free trial. To have that removed you may call customer service and they can do so.

However characters have to be seven days old to place a house. As far as I know on a regular account there is no getting around that.

9. Obsidian

Right, so buddy accounts cannot be played unless paid first. And that avoids the no-house timer for the account.

If there is a character timer, then I probably need to make up my mind and either do this or decide to pass. It's a gamble because there is no telling if the owner will let the house fall or if I can avoid someone taking the plot while I am at work.

-OBSIDIAN-

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

If you buy a buddy account and pay it to play the character won't have a timer. Atleast I didn't.

11. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The free trail 14 day codes accounts you cant place houses on.
    The codes you buy at any of the game stores you can place houses once the account is activated.

12. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think the differnece is between new acct codes, which are fine to place, and trail acct codes, ie 14day free trial, not fine

i believe this is the diffence so the OP is fine.....i think :)

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As I understand it, if the account time is paid for - buddy account time, purchased new account including '30 days' gametime, subscriptions or any other way EA get money for it - there are no restrictions on house placing or owning.

If it's free, and therefore EA don't get money for it - you can't place or own a house.