1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New advertisement window here on left hand corner? Squishing thread list and threads.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Viper09, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else have this? It is squishing the whole thread list far to the right. Kind of annoying.

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Re: New advertisement window here on left hand corner? Squishing thread list and thre

Yes and it needs to go away. It's a pain in the butt.

3. JHall

JHall Guest

Re: New advertisement window here on left hand corner? Squishing thread list and thre

not a fan of it myself

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for changing it back. Much better :)

5. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Use mozilla/firefox and install the add on "Ad blocker". Not only will it solve this problem, but you'll never have to see any advertisements again! :D:D

6. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

AdBlock Plus

7. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Hey bro if you use Firefox, theres a plugin called "Ad Block Plus (or pro)" and it will disable all ads on all sites you visit. Its a nice plugin. If not you might try firefox, its a far superior browser, some other plugins...

Firefox backup extension.
    :Backs up bookmarks, browser history, password, autofills, settings and prefrences, themes, ect.

Down them all:
    works like many download acclerators out there, connecting to many different ips with the same files to maximize download speed.

Read it later:
    Like bookmarks, but a quick button or hotkey will put the specific page into a temp folder called "Read it later" lol

Many more, like icq through your browser, gmail notifications ect.

http://www.firefox.com

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Advertising? What is that?
    I can hardly believe that people are still using browsers without ad blockers or flash blockers.

9. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Firefox with ad blockers.

10. Deb

Deb Guest

I use Firefox with ad-blocker and I still see the ad in the threads.

11. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As I said, try a flash blocker, too. I don't see any ads.

12. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Mmm, Ad blocker-pro. Just got it. Works nicely :)

13. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Cool glad we could all help bro.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep! I did this months ago hehe.

15. JHall

JHall Guest

Of course there's two ways to look at this, you can turn on ad blocker, see no ads, use the site for free - and noone's the wiser.

From a standpoint that ads pay for development, development makes better sites/tools/communities - it could be said you're shooting yourself in the foot that way. I'm going to take it a step further and say that ad blocker will certainly have you missing out on some of the free giveaways and contests we're going to run soon.

This isn't anything I want to have a long debate about; I understand both sides to the issue. I do look forward to bringing you all the best tools and website we're able to provide.

I hope the last few weeks of changes and upgrades are indicative of the progress we're going to be making from here on out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.