1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New AI is Sick

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorax_Pacific, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Did you notice the swordsman Captain is switching between three weapons and looks to go berserk? He uses a daisho, no-dachi, and paladin sword.

Did they increase the tracking range and improve the navigation around obstacles?

-Lorax

NuSair likes this.
  2. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I noticed the switching of weapons... it's pretty freaking awesome.

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

can you disarm him? can you steal his weapons?

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No, and No. disarm doesn't work on them unfortunately (they parry sooooo much), and their weapons are blessed so not steal-able.

Although you might be-able to steal the arrows from the archers... except when they run out of arrows by shooting their bow, they generate 20 more... so not sure if stealing would actually stop the arrow generation or not.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That must be where I ended up with that blessed bow... I as like ??????? Where did I get that????

6. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Tried to steal from a red archer captain and couldn't...unless I had my targeting messed up. Was hoping I could steal artifacts.

-Lorax

Flutter likes this.
  7. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

I have to say I think those captains are tracing my steps. I went around a building and opened a door then took a couple steps in then came out and kept leading away.

The captain followed my every move. Not sure if he went inside to have a look and smell the air for my lavender aroma or if there was a trace on my actions. Maybe they approach a door so they open it and run a search algorithm inside that building for my known location?

-Lorax

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ya I noticed the Swordsman has the same range as my archer with a crossbow. Or I just forgot what 1990s lag was like.

#8 Warpig Inc, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I do wish they would have added in the ability for us to disarm/steal. Little fun nods to thieves.

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I don't mean to be a kill joy, but we've had weapon switching since the old Paladins outside Delucia! A more modern example for you, just go and attack a samurai. Nothing like getting LS armor ignored with a halberd for around 50 damage. The use of the paladin sword is new, though :).

11. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Oh. I had never noticed or cared in the past I guess.

Thanks for clarifying that. Wonder if the tracking is not new either. It seemed enhanced to me.
    -Lorax

G.v.P likes this.
  12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

There has been little reason to kill samurais outside of obtaining their books! lol...we've been pushed against the ninjas (death strike) quite a bit more :p. But I would lean on saying the tracking could be new. We've had stealthers before, but they never had a para shot I don't think (although dream wraiths have a para effect, at the least ;P).

13. Prince Erik

Prince Erik Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah... I sure wish my pets would use the same follow AI... grr... they get stuck on house corners for crying out loud... ;)

-P.E.