1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New and questions about Shame loot!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lancelot99, Jul 20, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

I am hunting in Shame and literally have no clue what is good and bad loot...

I know that *Cursed, brittle, cannot be repaired* are trash to be recycled, but what is the good stuff? what should i be looking out for?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I think there are 3 main categories that make the loot from the new system good.

1. Properties not available though imbuing.
    2. Individual properties that exceed the imbuing cap.
    3. Combined properties that exceed the overall imbuing cap.

Of course property combination of the above are subject to templates and the end users needs to truly determine it's value.

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Guess I'm different, I enjoy outfitting as I go. Cursed, brittle, etc etc dont matter to me, as long as they aren't -luck. As long as the mods are good, the resists excellent, roll with em. I usually loot out enough good stuff to keep a spare on me at all times, the rest is excellent unravelling material :p

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Really? I refuse to use any of that garbage.. if it's cursed most especially... I can just imagine now in the middle of an EM event and some critter loots my corpse steals half my freaking armor and as usual the occursed thing goes public long before I can get a freaking rez and get my crap back.... spend the rest of the night with 1/2 my suit gone????? NO THANKS.

The only thing that crap is good for is Relic Frags.

I'm not about to waste my time with it. I spend too much time as is with other things to have to worry about regathering crap for my armor all the time.

5. Driven Insane

Agreed 100%.

All that stuff goes straight to the unravel bag.

6. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you're training, cannot be repaired, brittle and luck -100 items are golden. Abuse them until they break. They're often so much better than the ones without negative mods and will allow you to fight things a bit out of your league.
    My main warrior is now fully trained and his armor is fully composed of cannot be repaired and brittle gear. So far, they have served me very well.

Usually, I don't use cursed items, but I am slowly changing that. There are some real nice cursed pieces out there.

7. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL point being, they're free, they're easy, and it really doesnt cost anything to toss an extra in your pack, just in case.

BeaIank likes this.
  8. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

And at Champ Spawns the spawns disappear quickly. For example: In Illshnar if something loots your bag by the time you get back the creature is not only killed but its' corpse is gone. It would help if these creatures had a 5 minute timer, once they looted your item and then were killed, the 5 minute timer would come on and if the items were reclaimed, the spawn would decay.

The way it is now though, by the time you get a rez and get back all those corpses are gone.

I think the only thing that is worth using right now are the weapons but I still need to test them. It will probably come down to just burning them and making imbued weapons. Your goal should be to hope for something that isn't cursed or brittle and can be repaired but is also better than can be imbued.

So, we should actually see comparable pieces and some of the caps should be higher so the chance of finding something you can not imbue is possible.