1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New and some questions.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by saveuo, Mar 8, 2013.

1. saveuo

saveuo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, I am new to your shard. I started UO back in 98. GL has become a total dump full of hackers. I was ready to quit uo. I thought I would try this shard. I loved uo back in the day. The trill of leaving town to hunt or mine. You always had to have your guard up. Looking for the next thief that might steal your new vank weapon. Now GL is full of trammies that talk smack 24/7 while setting in luna. Makes me sick. If you try to pvp its a joke with peeps and their scripts.

My questions are...

How do you guys make trades with no guard zone? Do you get jumped sometimes and lose your trade?
    Are rune books blessed?
    How active is the shard? I have played three days and have only seen one guy who just got pked in luna.
    Looting peeps who died. I am a looter from way back. Is it cool over here to dry loot a guy? Well I never took rune books.
    Are there any unwriten rules?

Thx,

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Most safest trade is vendors but we do have gaurd zones, but remember in gen chat thieves are watching they may try to steal your goods. Yes loosing your trade is possible but thats why i say vendors safest way to do it
    Yes rune Books are blessed
    our shard isnt as active as GL but we are active. And you wont see many people if your sitting in towns if your pvping factions way to go for the most action. If your into PVM then get yourself into a guild and you'll be fine
    Looting well thats a tricky one yes you can dry loot and some do, i have and will but remember treat others as you wish to be treated the more you let peeps have some stuff back chances are the more youll get stuff back, but remember its not a sure thing when you die your loot no longer yours unless the killer decides otherwise
    un written rules well i dont really know of any off hand but im sure someone will post something
    Ohh yera and there is a guild called NEW2 it assists in getting you started in siege give them a should in gen chat

#2 Sprago, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    IanJames and Rumpy like this.
  3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I also highly recommend NEW2. They will get you going on the shard and help you find the right guild for your playstyle.

Welcome to Siege!

4. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome to siege! i too have played GL since 98. i played here on siege for about a year and then had to step away for personal reasons. i have been back now since sept of 2012 and have no plans to return to prodo shard. its kind of a shame because i have soooo much stuff and history there but i love siege, the community, and the feeling of anytime you are not in guard zone...its 1998 all over again!

saveuo likes this.
  5. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

Don't listen to Sprago...there are no thieves that watch gen chat.....*looks shifty*

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Even on Siege, you may be able to mine for hours without seing a red or a thief, but be sure, the moment you forget to have your guard up, you may find your screen in black and white :p

You never know, where the thieves will be as you may not see them before it is to late. Hanging out in town with to many goodies in your backpack may be the best way to find them :p

At least here you can kill the ones who annoy you, at least if you have the skills to do it, some may not be easy to take down :p

I
    A few of them may try Siege but only few of them will make it here as they may find them self drylooted when they die and get to many enemies

All towns except Buc Den do have town zone with guards. Now that do not make you 100% safe, the thieves may success to steal the item before it is traded or after. You may find, the one you trade with one day, may kill and loot you or steal from you the next day. One thing is doing business with someone, an other thing PvP. Most will be honorable, when they make a trade, even when they are a thief or a red. I guess that's one of the unwrited rules.

Runebooks, BoDs, BoDs books and most spellbooks are blessed, only a few spellbooks with mods are blessed. We have one Siege Bless, that works like a free Item Insurance, only one item at the time. We also have clothes bless, that works on clothes items without magic mods. Vet robe and cloak is also blessed and most Vet and Gift deco items are blessed.

We are getting more players, special the last 2 months but it goes up and down. Join Gen Chat and you will at least hear them. Many hang out outside towns, at their houses or hunting spots.

I will say, looting someone you did not kill is considered dishonorable and I will sure get mad if someone loot my kill as his stuff belong to me and it up to me to decide if he deserve to keep it or I will loot light or he is an ass who should be dry looted.
    Getting looted if you die to monsters are an risk but I think that is more accepted but will bring you on the list of players who deserve dry loot and rez kill.

No it's not cool, it will only make your self dry looted each time you die. Looting here depent of several thing, the victims reputation, do you own the victim or victims guild a favor from light looting earlier, did the victim put up a good fight, that own him respect, how much the killer/looter need the stuff, evt guild looting rules or the killer/looters RP.
    Generalt the loot belong to the killer, it's up to him to decide how much he want to loot. The same killer may dry loot and rez kill some but but not loot and rez others.

There are alot but as they are unwrited, you will learn them as you grow up on Siege.

About NEW2, we sure have rules and if you are a looter and can't wait for your one months help in NEW2 is done, you can't join NEW2, same with a thief or PK, they have to focus on training and wait with their evil actions until done in NEW2

Welcome to Siege, a shard with alot more freedom. Just remember it do not mean freedom to be an ass, as we also have player justice instead of system rules like the trammel code.

7. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You may not get many friends, but I'll love you to death if you get a looter going and start posting stories!

And welcome to Siege.

#7 mikni, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013