1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Auction] New Atlantic Event Drop

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Rare Collector, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

Auctioning off Master Archaeologist's Pick. New Atlantic event drop (dropped off reward statue) Starting bid is 15m and will end on Saturday Oct 2nd at 11pm est. Only bids in thread will count and auction will be extended 10 mins for any last min bids. Buyout is 75m. Works as a sextant when double clicked.

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know if you hung around afterward, but the EM gave everyone a second chance to get the reward. It appeared there were only 2 or 3 dozen before, now there must be 100.

3. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I was a little upset by that. Those who missed it cried and cried and cried (and quite frankly were very childish and insulting) but no matter what they say, I saw ALL the instructions. The gate was labeled, Josiah was at the mountain site and directed everyone to the item dispenser, and he told everyone BEFORE the event that there would be an end of arc reward at the end.

I think its a tad pathetic that people are in such a greed frenzy that they can't even stop to follow simple instructions. From my point of view, I walked through the gate from the cave to the mountain site, saw Josiah saying "COME HERE TO GET YOUR ITEM AND DON'T BLOCK WITH DRAGONS", I went over and got my item, and I left. It was that simple. If people would slow down with the "WHERES MY REWARD" constant spam and stop running around like chickens without their heads, maybe they'd get it right the first time.

I was saddened that EM Bennu reopened the gate. I think the childishness and greed and ignorance deserved to be punished, not appeased. (And for the record, I don't feel this way because I want the value of the picks to be greater. I keep all my EM rewards, I'm a sentimentalist.)

Anyways, I'm sorry for ranting and derailing the OP's thread. Congrats on getting your pick.

4. Well, by my count, 80ish. The gate was reopened for about 23 seconds, I did a pre count of who had them in paper doll, and a count after, and took in the random people who left after getting one. I come up with 80ish. In my mind an event item in the weapon slot with such a nice name should fetch a good number.

As far as the reopened gate, I am ok with newer players getting a shot at a cool item at their first EM event. We look at it as a 30mil drop in value, they look at it as their first 20mil. Think back on your first 20mil.

Poor Yible, we took over your thread, so sorry lol.

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I think it was nice that he gave everyone a second chance. It was certainly not clear that was the location the item was going to be given out at. People see a gate and they just want to run into it. He should have put up the exit gate after it became clear to everyone the reward was being handled out in that area. If someone wanted to leave they could always recall.

It was a newbie EM mistake.

6. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

Bump...
    Ends tom. at 11pm est.

7. Sept

Sept Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe the total count was 153

8. How is it you have come to 153 total?

9. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Talking out of bumm is hazardous to health. No tally was given...

10. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

11. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

Just over 30 minutes to bid. High bid is 15m atm.

12. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

13. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

Sold for 16m to Apetul.

14. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

http://vboards.stratics.com/1831497-post5.html