1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Closed New Banner on stratics.com/community

Discussion in 'Stratics Bug Reports' started by Angel of Sonoma, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

ugh. i hate the new banners you guys are doing on stratics.com/community. the reason i dislike them is because they are variable length and on my laptop the first banner is 4 lines then the 2nd banner is 6 lines. this causes the rest of the page to shift accordingly. meaning the links move around on the screen. very annoying. can you please make the banners a fixed length so the links don't jump around?

Ron Bron likes this.
  2. Angel of Sonoma

oh, i see where i can stop the banner from scrolling. but it seems to reset each time i visit the page.

#2 Angel of Sonoma, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Ok guys, I get that you are trying to improve the site. But remember my issue with mobile links bouncing? Well, by allowing the article box to appear before links and having it change sizes as the articles cycle through, trying to click a link on mobile is a losing carnival game. Talk about a moving target!

Please institute a fixed size constraint on the article container!

Thanks for listening....

4. Angel of Sonoma

i posted about this same issue on the 'stratics forum' page. if you look at the bottom center of the article box there is a clicky that will stop the scrolling. but when you hop between various forums and return to the main community page the scrolling resumes. i hope the stratics team can fix this.

Vor likes this.
  5. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I was about to post saying the same thing. Can we get a button to dismiss the article window please? @Kirthag :)

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I have passed this on to the team, thanks for letting us know about your issues.

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Guys and Gals, to help get issues like this noticed, in the future can you please put them in the Stratics Support section. http://stratics.com/community/categories/stratics-support.1006/ We have forums for Bugs and for suggestions and ideas.

This will help get them noticed quickly as the Staff will not have to sort through all the other Topics.

8. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Sorry gang. I am no longer a Stratics volunteer.

<------------notice alum banner

9. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

Thanks for the report and we will look into it and correct the issue.

10. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

We will work on that, thanks for the report! Also, the forums are Tapatalk enabled, which provides a much better just interface on phones. You can download Tapatalk for free on smartphones.

11. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Okay it is now fixed. The automatic slider is disabled, so the size of the banner does not change, which was what was causing the issue. I'm still working on getting a fixed banner size so that we can restore the automatic slideshow, but the problem that was reported is now resolved.