1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Bug... Summoning Mirror Image and get Gwacked.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarUltima, Mar 20, 2009.

1. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apperently I am inside guardzone with no people around me but some NPCs.
    I was trying to shadow jump up to the bank roof and hit a wrong macro so I summoned a mirror image of myself.

Then I noticed an NPC yelled guard and a guard wacked my mirror image... I was like ok wtf? So I summoned another one and yelled guards myself which resulted in gwacking my mirror image and myself...

Nice patch...

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, so today I noticed a new thing. A red was using mirror image and his image attacked me while I was in the guard zone. I was not flagged to him so I called the guards and the guards wacked him, not his image. It seems like red images are acting like regular NPC enemies. Not sure if it happens on blue images.
    Is this a bug or an intended change?

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Aye, just noticed that and posted a thread on that about the same time. They attack players as well.

4. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Beginning to think this game back in Beta Again! :cursing:

5. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Just add dial up lag and whala...

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

patch notes say:
    [SIZE=-1]Mirror Images will now copy alignment correctly

[/SIZE]Seems there might have been some unplanned consequences to this one

7. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Are the images doing damage to you?

That'd be really messed up if you had 4 images + the attacker attacking you.

8. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

EA Mythic is not telling the whole story
    From my tests w/120 ninjitsu, It appears that they changed more then just alingments
    1. When summoning mirror images , the images seem to attack to guy you're attacking and possibly stuff you're not attacking
    2. Monsters are less "confused" when you divert an attack to mirror image

Basically it appears to be another nerf. Mirror Image now requires alot more mana to accomplish the same tasks as before. Being hit happens more (which may have been thier intent) Not sure why ninjitsu needed to be nerfed again but it sucks. It's much harder to kill solo things now

9. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The mirror image will flag anything like an EV. Red mirror images would attack anyone other than the one you are currently attacking. Blue mirror images would attack any red ,gray, and orange player and leave other blues along.

Mirror images were used in PvP and its very hard to kill the one whos casting it. And in PvM after an attack is diverted the monster would stand still confused. Now it sucks to use on a red if there are blues hogging gzones, or gzone hugging blues who dont want to flag any other red but that one red he picked. I do find them useful when there are archers present. The cause their bows to auto attack THEM while still able to divert the shot if you are hit directly.

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

It is im sure just a bug...submit reports via the proper routes.

The "fix" was meant to stop red's summoning blue mirror images and causing a blue to flag crim and possibly be guardwhacked attacking a red!

As far as i knew they were simply meant to divert an attack not engage in one!

11. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I watched a red cast mirror image on test... got guarwhacked as well.

The mirror images flag on you... they attack you =/

Dunno how it works on blues though. Seems kinda messed up.