1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

new bug with pub...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by mmmbeer, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

im down in doom with my bard and the df's keep recalling back to the middle room like a vanguard controller

2. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

huh...

they've never done this before...

3. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

OMG ALL doom gauntlet monsters are now just relocating back to their spawn points once you start toi beat on them

this is gonna make the gauntlet damn near impossible!!!

4. CKTC

CKTC Guest

lol, why is it? just throw a super dragon at em rolleyes:

5. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

when the df reloactes back to the other 4 df's sitting around....

6. CKTC

CKTC Guest

yeah?

*looks puzzled*

you only get lots of dfs spawn if there lots of people in there and thats usually tamers, usually they all attacks one while random peeps get chased around by the other 3, hehe i dont think itl be a prob.

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Link to a source?

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Something like that just doesn't happen. They clearly added code to prevent the Dark Father from being lured. It is about time really.

9. Lets see turn in arties from doom.
    Reduce arties with turn in.
    Make it harder to get new arties.

BRAVO.

10. Just my 2 cents but I think its slightly passed ******** to do that..

Maybe its just me but I've never had luck in doom. I've even solo'd creatures with my tamer a few times and I've only ever gotten 2-3 arties from doom (which the most recent was over 2yrs ago).

Even since the arti drop rate changes, I have yet to recieve one. And now they make it harder to get them by having DF/Minnions recall back to the center?

Just another pain in the ass IMO..

11. galefan2004

galefan2004 Guest

They made artifacts easier to get because of shards that have like maybe 10 people a week hit Doom in a given week. They had to make the artifacts more obtainable or there would be no new ones. On some shards the only way to get a high in demand artifact is to buy it with RL cash from a pay site and that is a huge issue.

The spawn at Vanguards seems to magically move from place to place now. The actual Vanguards are still stuck in the ground but the deamon will move right on top of you and damage you from the other side of the screen without walking or teleporting. They seem to have messed up the code and perhaps the DF issues are related.

12. KidJoe

KidJoe Guest

this is great now I can solo with out so many peeps piggy backing my skills out scoring my points (Archers)

13. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

good luck soloing....once you get a few whacks in they relocate to their spawn point...alongside the other bosses

btw its not just the df's doing it its also the room bosses doing it

all id like is to hear from dev's that this is either a new "feature" or if it is indeed a bug

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The publish notes said "Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far"

Could it be that the coding put in for that is affecting more creatures than it's meant to?

15. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

sylvani do the same as controllers...just relocate to a spot?

16. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

whats gonna happen when doom has lots of peepz and 4-6 df's are up..
    the groupl lures one only to find they relocate back to its brethren.. the group is gonna wind up having to fight all 6 df's at once in the middle of the gauntlet

NOT easy and NOT fun!!

17. Diggity

Diggity Guest

It will be interesting to hear if this was intended for doom or not.

True soloing, only 1 person in doom, only 1 df will spawn.

In some ways, the change makes soloing with certain templates easier since you can just move out of df teleport range and kill/reduce spawn when needed. The teleporting behavior makes the risk from the df much less.

2 dfs spawning - With only 2 dfs, only a small group is in doom. Small groups will learn to get the df's close enough to aggro on and fight each other. Df's damage each other incredibly fast so the challenge will be to get loot rights before the df dies.

3 or more dfs spawning - presumably there is a somewhat large group of people in doom. If they know what they're doing, taking on 3 or more shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking forward to trying out this change. The biggest benefit I see is that the DF won't be dragged around up and down the corridor by the pansy archers running all over the place. :)

18. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

no worries Doom is the latest casually to the turn in. Nobody is there now.

19. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

not true...im there 5 mornings in 7 with a small group of people!!
    and this bug really affects the gameplay!@#%$

20. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I take a legendary archer to Doom, and my only issue with df's is that they seem to love the taste of her - they'll ignore 3 greater drags and follow me around like little puppies :( They seemed particularly feisty last weekend and wouldn't settle down to fight, but kept running all over the place causing absolute havoc and carnage. And no, I don't want them to teleport back to their spawn point. One df at a time please!

21. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Eh sounds like they want the only person to be able to kill a Large group of DF to be the bard that exploit the area spell of DF and have them kill each other with out other people being able to lure single Df from the group.

Gratz Exploiter wins again...

"Work as inteneded!!!" NOT

22. Diggity

Diggity Guest

Actually, bard is not needed. Just summon 2 earth ellies. One fight df1, second fight df2. Then command them to switch targets so everything moves close together. If either df withers, they start fighting when earth ellies die. DF's damage each other really fast.

You see the same thing happen with lich lords. They wither a player, but also catch the df in the area of effect and the df also aggros on the lich.

23. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

They let Doom spew out easy arties until the prices for everything reached rock bottom, and then "fixed" it. Congrats devs, no one is ever going to go to Doom for an arti ever again. They're just gonna buy one of the 35983589035809 arties that were farmed over the last few months. They all cost like 50k now.

24. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

and laggy with 6 spawning mobs..

25. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Arties are not 50k now... I just sold an orny for 20m; along with other arties for several mil.

Oh, and they fixed it next server up btw.

26. As few time as I been able to go to Doom, I disagree and reallly wish they remove the rubber band on the boss monster, last night used a prov on the DF and we were "just" up the hall, when the DF pops back, well of course all those minions I had prov on the DF were now looking for new targets, and of course who is sitting right there?

I can understand them doing this to prevent the DF being lured to the beach area, sure make it alot easier to get your people to the gauntlet now, no BOSS monters to greet them any more as they disbark from the ship, Also no more DF shopping in Nix's store. But come one, just one screen up [north] from the DF spawning, we are kicking his butt and he pops back to the center chamber, that sucks as far as I am concern.

I like them to fix it so that once he has moved to where they fighting it, he does not do that rubber band to the center chamber any more. dang coward :)

27. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

i think it is great :thumbup1:
    and , yes you can solo a dark father it just takes time and patience. i did one last night with my archer.
    kinda felt i had to since someone else said i couldn't :gun:.

the teleporting helped alot.

"Even since the arti drop rate changes, I have yet to recieve one. And now they make it harder to get them by having DF/Minnions recall back to the center?"

how is it harder?

28. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

uhhhh DUH ....
    u have to fight all the df's at once cuz they wont stay at beach or in hallways...or even a few FEET away cuz they will relocate to ll the other df's that werent lured.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!