1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New changes to gear, mods and weapons : Which Templates gain and which loose ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Apr 16, 2013.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This patch has a lot of changes and new additions to the way combat is managed by the game.

Is it possible to make a reasonable estimate on what Templates are going to become obsolete by the changes and what templates will instead become more popular because of them ?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nothing becomes absolete :)

But my pure warrior just did the void pool and could easely last 16 rounds alone. He wears plate and dragon armor combined. It was just a first test to see where i should give the extra refinements too on his suit.

I have many more characters to try. It just a matter of adjusting a few things. :)

CovenantX and Lord Frodo like this.
  3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am tempted to try something like a max DCI with 120 parry combining with a 2nd character running Bard Songs.

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing will become obsolete really. And not sure it specifically opens up any templates either. I think it's more options on armor.

As much as I love crafting and especially love my plate sampire suits... I am just not feeling it with this patch. There are several questions that the devs seem to refuse to answer (which to me says- they don't have a good answer for it). And I am not all that happy about the patch overall. It feels like they shoved it out to meet some arbitrary deadline of some pencil neck who has no idea what they are doing (which is why EA keeps failing at games not named Madden).

There is something to be said for taking the time to do things right. That is why I spent over 2 months and hundreds of hours constructing my first woodland suit. It's the same principle in work and life. Yes, there comes a point where you have to move forward. But- rushing or pushing out an incomplete job is not it.

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The biggest notice i have with my plate/dragon armor combination that my Stamina/Dex only went down a little bit even after a long fight. The only time it went down very far ,is when i was near death. But before that it stayed up nicely. This means my parrying have more effect and i don't slow down in swinging my weapon and healing myself . :)

Lord Frodo likes this.
  6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

So far the only thing I really plan to change is some of the weapons on my sampire. I typically run a double axe with SSI, slayer, mana leech and stamina leech and wears woodland/metal armor already. With the stam changes I think I will try out replacing the stam leech with a hit area effect.

7. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

win for sampires

lose for gargoyles, particularly throwers

win for archers

lose for ninjas

win for parry wrestle mages.

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am tempted to try out some of the 2 handed weapons on sampires that I don't use potions on.

9. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What sampire still used potions to begin with? I stopped using potions ages ago in favor of two handed weapons for my sampire. Was the best change I ever made (albeit nerve-racking at first when you are so used to hitting Gheal, Etc. in emergencies).

#9 cdavbar, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

.... really?

I only know a couple of sampires that don't use potions.

On my main (and honestly most effective sampire) I run fencing with Leafblades and Kama. The combination of AI plus Feint, a free hand (though I usually run a shield in leveling up spawn), it allows me to max out a number of things, hit 150 str / dex with all the left overs in int for mana. The 1 slot of EP on the jewelry frees up the 2 slots that I was using for STR and DEX.

11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Never drank a potion or held a shield on my sampire... double axe with ww special, end of story.