1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Character or Existing

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Laelaus, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Laelaus

Laelaus Guest

Hi all, sorry for the question I wasn't able to find any easy responses in the faq/search.

Basically I'm returning, i have a skill capped mage with about 90 taming. I don't know what's going to be more effective, i have the 100 magery eval med on this char already - but skill cap means i'll have a slow go leveling animal taming

Am i better off finishing taming up on this char, or rerolling?
  2. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't Don't
    ever throw away 90 taming!!!

If you want to start a new char, get a Soul Stone and transfer either magery or taming to a new char.
  3. Laelaus

Laelaus Guest

I just googled soulstones - it says they are account bound and only aquired through pre-ordering s empire.

Is there another way to obtain them?
  4. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 18, 2006
    Yes it is. You could buy a soulstone token(gives you a full soul stone with unlimited usess) or you could buy a soul stone fragment token(you can only transfer skills 5 times with this one).

Just go to luna and you will find a bunch. Fragments sells for 1-2 mill and the full ones for 12mill+ at least on europa.
  5. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

If you have vet rewards left you can get a full stone 1st year reward. The last way you can buy one from the uo gamecode store.
  6. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Just as an aside, IMO you are going to have slow going trying to increase taming from 90 regardless of your total skill cap on character =) Taming is notoriously slow to raise =)

And yes, agreed, never throw away 90 taming! I'm just doing the same (buying a soulstone) to move 85 taming - wouldn't dream of throwing that away! =D