1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Community Manager/Representatives for UO?

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Feb 2, 2011.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. James_Mythic

James_Mythic Guest

Hey folks,

Firstly - No, I'm not moving to be solely on Warhammer. I have been working on UO, Warhammer, and DAoC to some extent or another since I started here four years ago.

The good news is this doesn't mean communication is going to get worse, and I agree in some cases that it has definite room for improvement.

UO has become a priority to me in the past year and I continue to learn new things everyday from reading these boards and working with the team. The team here on Stratics has also been great in helping to identify and communicate issues you share, and providing priceless insight into this truly unique community.

Ultima Online is very important to the studio and EA, and a hallmark of the industry. It's an honor to be a custodian of this storied franchise and I assure you the entire team feels the same.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them :)

3. James_Mythic

James_Mythic Guest

4. James_Mythic

James_Mythic Guest

The new guy is still getting familiar with UO, but in the future he'll be able to provide a much more direct level of communication for our French and German speaking players and across all our brands improve our ability to communicate with everyone.

As far as Facebook goes - the page is definitely going to be used more, generally as a place for current and former players to stay up to date on UO and share their experiences, with the occasional teaser of what's to come. The Herald and Stratics for the foreseeable future will remain the places we go for serious or important communication.

As far as other offerings facebook is getting involved in I don't have any information at this time, but likely we'll need to update the account management system before we look into options such as these. Absolutely though we'll look into viable options for bringing our games to more people (or make paying for them easier).

One last note on the Ask the Devs - generally around the time of a new, significant publish the submissions blow up. This makes it difficult for me to keep up with the new questions as well as filter through old ones that may no longer be relevant because of the update. We generally try to focus on questions about a publish first as well, as obviously these are the most immediately relevant to current discussion. If I don't get to your question between publishes, you should feel free to resubmit it just don't spam :)

Thanks Tina!