1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Computer - Question about Classic Client

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by WootSauce, Mar 7, 2014.

1. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So I am in the process of configuring a new desktop PC. The only real "gaming" that I do is pretty much UO, using the classic client, oftentimes using multiple clients at once. I am configuring the PC to output to a 3 monitor extended desktop, so I will be getting some kind of GPU to support this, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone know if the CC takes advantage of the mid to high end GPU's? For the purposes of running more than one client, should my focus be on a better processor with more system RAM, or a better GPU with higher dedicated RAM?

Thanks!

2. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

UO is based on connection speed for internet once you hit a certain point. Get a 670 if you want a cheap 3 monitor solution. My intel quad core laptop from 2007 runs UO as well as my new i7/780ti/8gb ram desktop.

UO classic client does NOT utilize high end resources. A geforce 9800GT and a 780TI would run it very similarly. Running more than one client...just have 8GB ram and an i5.