1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

New Computer

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by spamspamspamspam, Mar 23, 2012.

1. spamspamspamspam

spamspamspamspam Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 10, 2008
    OK, I feel like a ****** asking this, but...

...I just moved, and bought a new computer (Faster, so hopefully I won't die as much pvping). I've been gone for about a month. When I finally got my new computer up and running, and got my internet hooked up, I thought about how I'm going to install UO on the new computer. I bought High Seas when it came out, and Stygian Abyss, but downloaded them from the UO site. I didn't know how to get UO on my computer, so I found an old 9th Anniversary disk, and loaded it that way (it took like two hours with all of the patching that had to be done). I was able to log into the game, but each time that I log back on, I have about one minute of patching, and have to rest my macros and stuff. Obviously something is wrong.

So how do I get up and going again on UO without the crap I'm doing now? It used to be so easy (stupid moving...).

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like such a reatrd...
  2. TheVampster

TheVampster Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 20, 2003
    Why didn't you just download the client from the site? Probably your best bet is to uninstall the 9th ann install, and try downloading the client from the site and patching it up. I have a feeling that it just won't work like that anymore. I used to do the same thing. 9th ann is old though and that's probably what is causing your problems. If you had Stygian Abyss and High Seas, it will recognize this when you install from the site. I think the content is always there, it's just a matter if you can access it. If it is the same account, you shouldn't have any problems. It will take a bit to download, install and patch though. I hope I helped and anybody correct me if I'm wrong... good luck