1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discordance] New & Effective Way to Train Discordance!

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Eric Ravenwind, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

::Discordance Training::

0-24: Buy from NPC
    24-40: Polar Bears
    40-59: Harpies
    59-83: Pixies
    83-101: Healers, Priests of Mondain
    101-119.1: Ethereal Warriors
    119.1-120: Serpentine Dragons
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the method I came up with to get to 120 Discordance. It's relatively safe with little to no combat; the Harpies are the only creatures that will be hostile during the training. The only requirement is that you have Positive Karma; you'll be dealing with Pixies and Ethereal Warriors.

I had placed almost all of my skills on Soul Stones. I kept Chivalry @ 70.0, Music @ 100.0, and Discord at whatever level it was at. The less skill points you have spent, the faster you'll gain.

Lock your Musicianship at 100.0 for now, before training Discord. If you don't go to 100.0, you'll fail the initial Music check. If you go over 100.0, you'll make training difficult because you're skill will be higher and you'll chew through most of your targets; limiting the amount of gains you get.

I worked on this, on and off, for a few months. It took about 25 hours or less to go from 24-120.

Here is a list of places to train on each of the above listed creatures:

Polar Bears: Around snowy area by "Deceit" (** EDIT: Accidently typed Despise - the area around Deceit is the correct location**)
    Harpies: At Harpy nest in Ilshenar-Spirituality
    Pixies: Around Spirituality Champ Spawn area
    Healers & Priests of Mondain: At the Healers Grove by Ilshenar Justice Moongate. Take the Justice Moongate northeast, then down into the grove.
    Ethereal Warriors: From the Spirituality Moongate, you go north into an Arachnid Cave. Go out the far side, and then run to the portal rune in between the pillars. The next area looks like a nice fortress & the Ethereal Warriors are all over the place here.
    Serpentine Dragons: Take the Ilshenar-Honesty Moongate. Once there, go northeast until you reach an eastern bridge. Take the bridge then head into the Juka City. Go all the way Northeast until you get to another bridge. Take the bridge and follow the path until you get to a cave. Enter the cave and you'll reach a passage way to a clearing. The Serpentine Dragon should be in the area.

I hope this guide speeds up your training and you get to 120 as soon as possible!

Please post feedback/questions

#1 Eric Ravenwind, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Chazztizer and Hendric like this.
  2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Any idea on the time spent at each area? Only 25 hours to get to 120 is pretty impressive... I have 4.5 SoT (sadly someone put them into a scroll binder so I need to find .5 more for it to be usable...) so that might save me quite a bit of time.

3. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

No, sorry.

4. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Very interested in your guide - could one potentially switch to discording Gaman in Tokuno instead of Harpy? Or is the harpy so good for the gains because of the spawn rate at their nest?

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I suspect that the spawn rate is one of the real good points. There are few things that you can A) kill nearly instantly, and B) respawn nearly instantly, thereby meaning you can run a new skill at a new target every possible chance.

6. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I found that training on Harpies was superior to Gaman because of the spawn rate for harpies is almost instantaneous, fast spawn. But if you wished to, Gaman would be do-able also.

7. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I trained disco on Gamans and was able to use the skill by its cooldown.. and i didn't kill Gamans at all so the spawn rate didn't matter

8. Rasah

Rasah Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Is this still true? I'm new and don't have access to Soulstones(?), so the last 2 skills I'm working is disc/provo at 700 skill points. Am I screwed?

9. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

You are not screwed, it is not as easy. When training up new characters, try and train up the hardest skills first if possible. If you can't, it just takes a little longer but is not impossible or anything like that. You will find that some skills are easier to train up while others, like taming and bard skills, are more difficult. Here is some info on the GGS: http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/ggs_archive.shtml

10. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Your lowering skills? Cause if your allready at 700 skill points you wont fit 240 points into disc and provo!

11. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

No, just lock Music at 100 and work the other two up. Once you get them to 110, I'd work Music up too. Gain from masteries.

12. Vespetta

Vespetta Visitor

With 100 in musicianship

70-90 Boura
    90-110 Creatures in Despise with +15 ring
    110-115 Creatures in Despise with +10 ring
    115-120 Creatures in Despise with +5 ring or nothing

You can easily macro

#12 Vespetta, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  13. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

I find spamming masteries a much more effective way at higher levels, you can just throw on all the usual gear you'd use for any mana based training (or as much as possible) Lich Form, Shadow Wisp, LMC, 30 MR, 120 Med/Focus, 4/6.

14. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Also, you can cast the mastery in a loop once every 2 seconds or so, but using the skills still takes 8s no matter what, so unless the %toGain per skill use > per mastery casting I think just spamming the mastery will be quite a bit faster.

15. Vespetta

Vespetta Visitor

Ok i will try however, with mastery, the loop of skill is 6 seconds

16. Vespetta

Vespetta Visitor

I tried for 5 hours casting Tribulation but nothing (im on Atlantic), and the ball of knowledge says "too easy"

17. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Maybe something changed from recently, but as recently as 3 weeks or so ago I was getting gains up to 110+ doing the masteries. I took peace to 120 that way for sure.

18. ioelis

ioelis Journeyman

I just did all my bard skills to 120, and masteries were used for all skill gains after 90.

Yes, you should have music at 100 for all training. When you are doing the last skill, let music start to go up. The entire process is very slow... but non-masteries training is just as slow and masteries type training has the benefit of being more simple, efficient and is relatively faster. Don't consider what the crystal ball says; you will gain.